Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

ToolTipTool NT broke after error - Resolved

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Randy C

Randy C

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

I have been using ToolTipTool NT 2.04 on Windows 7 for a year or so, but very infrequently(I am very inexperianced). A few months ago I started editting the ASV that comes with e-sword as my own version. I went back in the other day to make more edits to my version, I tried to reexport the BBLX and I got an error(I am recreating from snip):

INDEX ERROR
TxCtrl[391]      file DOCPATH,'\',n?files
-----------------------------------------------
TxCtrl[391] *
>[tmTxCtrl;DropDown]
[fmTxCtrl;Event]
TxCtrl[158]
Start[54]

After that nothing worked - any button I click gives same error

I uninstalled and got this message - "e-Sword ToolTipTool NT uninstall complete. Some elements could not be removed. These can be removed manually."

I downladed and tried to install the newest version, it just spins and spins and doesn't install.

I installed an old T3 and tried to use that, it seems to work but I couldn't figure out how to load or export a BBLX file only RTF

I tried to reinstall the old ver 2.04 too.

I noticed that their were some files (SQLite3? etc) that were extracted into the ToolTipTool NT with installation so i deleted tham and tried to install again, just spins, noticed in the task manager/processes that 3 instances of "ToolTipTool NT exe.32" that I can't "end", I have to reboot to get rid of them.

Is there some file, somewhere that I can delete so I can reinstall ToolTipTool NT

Thank you for your time
Randy

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

Is there a reason for not using the newest version 2.62 ??

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

Is there a reason for not using the newest version 2.62 ??

He said: "I downladed and tried to install the newest version, it just spins and spins and doesn't install."

To Randy C - the installer does not work?  Is there anything in the "c:\program files\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT" folder?

How about in this folder? C:\ProgramData\Tools4eSword

You said you were recreating the error message, this was not a copy and paste then?

INDEX ERROR
TxCtrl[391]      file DOCPATH,'\',n?files
-----------------------------------------------
TxCtrl[391] *
>[tmTxCtrl;DropDown]
[fmTxCtrl;Event]
TxCtrl[158]
Start[54]

Looking at the numbers, they are not matching  - that is they don't make sense.  So are these the actual numbers you saw in the error message?

#4 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:56 PM

sorry, i missed that.....if anyone can help it's you so I'll just back out... :rolleyes:

#5 Randy C

Randy C

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Good Morning thank you for the help

No, when I click the exe that I download (either the old version or the latest) the windows box comes up to ask me if I am sure, when I click "run" I get the spinning.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT  there is 1 font file   -  Apl385.ttf
I could not find a    folder   C:\ProgramData   at all ?

I will attach the snip I took of the error (I didn't notice the "copy to clipboard" button

Attached Files

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

Good Morning thank you for the help

No, when I click the exe that I download (either the old version or the latest) the windows box comes up to ask me if I am sure, when I click "run" I get the spinning.

In C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT  there is 1 font file   -  Apl385.ttf
I could not find a    folder   C:\ProgramData   at all ?

I will attach the snip I took of the error (I didn't notice the "copy to clipboard" button

I would start by opening the windows control panel and uninstalling the current installed version of Tooltip. Once the current version is uninstalled reboot your computer and try to install the newest version of Tooltip which is version 2.62. 

If you need to access the "Program Data" folder for any reason please read the following very carefully:

The folder labeled "Program Data" is one of the hidden folders within Windows you can only access it by changing windows configuration settings via the windows control panel!!

From the control panel select "Appearance and Personalization" which will open a screen showing options for how things appear in windows,

One of those options is labeled "Folder Options" and that option as sub option labeled "Show hidden files and folders".

Clicking or selecting "Show hidden files and folders " option will open a small window that contains a list of folder and file viewing options and from that list you can activate the option that will make hidden folders, files and drives accessible.  

The show hidden files and folders option in the small window should be the seventh option from the top of the list in the small window it has two options each with a radio button. One option says "show hidden folder and files" and the other option says "Don't show hidden files and folders" the don't show option is the windows default setting which is why you have to change it to "show hidden files and folders" if you need to view the hidden files or folders within windows.

Select "show hidden folder and files" radio button and then click the "Apply" button located on the bottom of the small folder options window then close the small window. You can now access all of windows hidden folders, files and virtual drives by selecting "computer" from windows start menu. 

Remember by making the hidden areas of windows accessible anyone with access to you computer can see them, so you should repeat the above steps to access the folder option menu and change the folder options back to "Don't show hidden files and folders" when you are finished viewing what you need to view

Edited by Tj Higgins, 07 December 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

Hidden folders are still accessible even if hidden, in Windows Explorer, just copy and paste the following into the address bar:
C:\ProgramData\Tools4eSword

#8 Randy C

Randy C

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

Good Morning sorry for the delay

Thank you TJ for the tip, I get irritated when I think there are hidden files and wondered if that was the problem yesterday!

Yes BH there are 2 files in C:\ProgramData\Tools4eSword - another copy of SQLite3 and "ToolTipTool"

Can I delete them without ruining my e-sword? and try again?

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:45 PM

You will note that the hidden folder, c:\ProgramData is a commonly used location by many programs. 

Also note that c:\ProgramData\Tools4eSword does not affect e-Sword itself, it is the location where my tools save certain data.

#10 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

Good Morning sorry for the delay

Thank you TJ for the tip, I get irritated when I think there are hidden files and wondered if that was the problem yesterday!

Yes BH there are 2 files in C:\ProgramData\Tools4eSword - another copy of SQLite3 and "ToolTipTool"

Can I delete them without ruining my e-sword? and try again?

You shouldn't need to delete those folders to reinstall Tooltip just uninstall what ever version of Tooltip you have installed and install the newest version which is 2.62

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users