Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

e-Sword HotKey - short demonstration

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:15 PM

POPULAR

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

Hi BH,

This is excellent. I did not know the full potential of Hot Key.  WOW!

thanks for the video. very useful.

I notice you have 3.45, is that out yet?

thanks again

Edited by patchworkid, 05 December 2015 - 04:19 PM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

HotKey v3.75 is now released.

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:15 PM

HotKey v3.75 is now released.

Thank you BH. I find hotkey very useful

DSaw 

Edited by DSaw, 30 April 2016 - 08:15 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 SwordSmiths

SwordSmiths

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

I am a new user of HotKey. I've figured out how to use the Study and Macro modes. But I still haven't figured out how to use the Search and Version functions. Could you give me a step-by-step for those functions?

Thanks

#6 SwordSmiths

SwordSmiths

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

OK, I got it! I downloaded and installed the updated MS Word Macro, and all works good now. My thanks also for HotKey; I'm going to enjoy using this tool.

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

v3.85 posted with new Popup functionality and formatting ability.  The Macro functions have not changed significantly however. 

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:30 PM

Note - the e-Sword macros do not need to be installed in order for the new Popup window to work. 

#9 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Is there a way to change the lookup version? The only choices I have are KJV & KJV+, none of the my other bible versions are listed.

Silverhair

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#10 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

First question - are you using the Macro "version" or the new Bible Popup "version?"  If you have the e-Sword macros installed, then HotKey will use those to access any version you have installed in e-Sword:  see the Macro+Version menu.  If are using the new Bible Popup option, then only files that are indexed and installed in e-Sword will appear.  Not all versions are "indexed" for this new function.  To download the lastest index file, click the HotKeys+Show Popup Window menus, then click the Versions menu, scroll to the bottom of the list and click Download Latest Index File.  It will take some time for the download to complete in the background. 

When using the Macro functions, e-Sword HotKey behaves just as in all previous versions, except that the Macro functions in e-Sword v11 run at least an order of magnitude (10x) slower, maybe even 2 orders of magnitude (100x slower) than in e-Sword v10.  The slowness will make it appear that the program has gotten hung up.  If you have even a small list of verses you are looking up, it may take many seconds to look up.  The new Popup Bible function restores the speed, but requires the new "index" file.  Only Bible versions that are "indexed" and installed in e-Sword will appear in that list. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users