Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing search window

27 replies to this topic

#11 David DeBord

David DeBord

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:48 AM

Greetings Ya'll,

I'm trying to find the solution to resizing my "Bible Search Window" (E-sword is the latest Update), to the proper size, where I can see the buttons located at the upper right corner & bottom right corner. Obviously without access to th' buttons, the "Bible Search Window" just sits there.

I also just tried the "Control Panel Repair" & that changed nothing.

I also went through the Manual & it , unless I missed it, states nothing about this problem.

Any suggestions?

Shalom!

There is only One Way, .... And it Absolutely is not "Judaism", Catholicism, nor "Christianity".

This is Absolutely Proven in The Scriptures.

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

Greetings Ya'll,

I'm trying to find the solution to resizing my "Bible Search Window" (E-sword is the latest Update), to the proper size, where I can see the buttons located at the upper right corner & bottom right corner. Obviously without access to th' buttons, the "Bible Search Window" just sits there.

I also just tried the "Control Panel Repair" & that changed nothing.

I also went through the Manual & it , unless I missed it, states nothing about this problem.

Any suggestions?

Shalom!

Bang up a screenshot of what your problem is, and I'll see if I can help you out.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 David DeBord

David DeBord

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for replying AP, Problem is, I'm still learning about Computers & where I've done fairly well in some areas, in areas like sending pics,screenshots, etc., I'm all thumbs. I just tried to to use the "snipping tool" in Windows 7, & although it indicates that it was saved, I can't find it. Basically what I have now, since I learned how to move the screen to the right, is that I can see the upper right hand "Search button", but not the bottom right buttons, for they are buried under the bottom task bar.
There is only One Way, .... And it Absolutely is not "Judaism", Catholicism, nor "Christianity".

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:55 AM

Looks like you have a screen resolution or dpi setting that is not standard/compatible with e-Sword.

#15 David DeBord

David DeBord

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:23 AM

JPG,

How could that be when it is only one window, & no other program that is affected?

#16 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:25 AM

This was part of a reply from Rick Meyers,

Jon,

Yes, only the “Normal Font” (96 dpi) and “Large Font” (120 dpi) settings are supported.

In His service,

Rick Meyers

#17 David DeBord

David DeBord

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

JPG,

And that would affect only one window, of one progragm?

#18 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

This was part of a reply from Rick Meyers,

Jon,

Yes, only the “Normal Font” (96 dpi) and “Large Font” (120 dpi) settings are supported.

In His service,

Rick Meyers

Try changing/verifying your dpi settings that e-Sword can work with as the developer has support for.

#19 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:44 AM

Josh, if you're listening, I'd like to make a request I've made on Facebook. How about a DISlike button? :)

#20 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:53 PM

Josh, if you're listening, I'd like to make a request I've made on Facebook. How about a DISlike button? :)

There use to be a dislike button, and it was generally abused. Feedback to comments, especially when (although truthful) it goes against the grain of a person's personal bias, will receive a dislike. Moreover, honest feedback to comments are not given even when there is a disagreement.

Likes tend to show comments and thoughts have proven to be helpful. This way the author knows something has been achieved. Whenever I give help, I'm more often prone to ask the person if what I've shared has been helpful to let me know. That said, I prefer that there is no such a think as a "Like" or "Dislike" to be given, but rather a straight forward thank you or comment like, "that helped," kind of thing.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users