Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing search window

27 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne Robinson

Wayne Robinson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

POPULAR

Hi all, I only recently found this site while searching for an e-Sword issue fix. What is happening is when I click on the search icon (binoculars) the search window does not appear. I have been in touch with Rick and have done everything possible ( reset settings, uninstall and reinstall etc) but to no avail. I have had this happen once before but can't remember how I resolved it. It looks like to me that the search window is open but hidden somewhere. The window can be moved around with the mouse. Any advice leading to the fix would be GREATLY appreciated.

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

Can you post a screen shot of your open e-Sword program.

#3 Wayne Robinson

Wayne Robinson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

I have snipped an image of it but can't seem to upload it. Advice?

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:46 AM

Choose More Reply Options,

Attached File  0001 Jon theWord_2015-12-02_084511.png   13.09K   8 downloads

Next

Attached File  0002 Jon theWord_2015-12-02_085056.png   21.47K   12 downloads

Edited by JPG, 02 December 2015 - 02:47 AM.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 02:57 AM

Also,

1. What operating system are you using
  2. What version of e-Sword
  3. Is this a computer with one monitor? If not what configuration do you have?
  4. Have you tried Repairing e-Sword via the Control Panel -> Programs and Features.

Jon

#6 Wayne Robinson

Wayne Robinson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

Screen shot attached

1. What operating system are you using Win 8.1
  2. What version of e-Sword 10.4.0
  3. Is this a computer with one monitor? If not what configuration do you have? Dual monitors but it has never been an issue.
  4. Have you tried Repairing e-Sword via the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. First thing I tried.

Whenever I search there are always two tabs at the bottom of the page.. 'Dictionaries' & 'Bibles'. The screenshot shows only 'Dictionaries'.

Attached Files

#7 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

The blue upper-part of the screen shot is not viewable.

Test

Start e-sword

press Alt+tab for the desktop view.

change the screen-resolution to 800x600 for a moment (right-click on the desktop screen )and go back to e-Sword.

click on the binoculars.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#8 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:44 AM

Playing around I was able to effectively "Hide" the search window by dragging the top portion behind the task bar. I had to look closely to see it and I could not get to it, as it was too low to grab ahold of. The only way I could get to it was to then hide hide the task bar.

Check and see if your search window "may' have gotten dragged below your task bar. Just something to try......

Roy

#9 Wayne Robinson

Wayne Robinson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:12 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys. It is greatly appreciated. Roy, your response almost nailed it. I figured that the search window was hidden behind something but I couldn't figure out how I recovered it last time. I have managed to fix it by system restore. Again, many thanks all who replied. Blessings

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:39 PM

Playing around I was able to effectively "Hide" the search window by dragging the top portion behind the task bar. I had to look closely to see it and I could not get to it, as it was too low to grab ahold of. The only way I could get to it was to then hide hide the task bar.

Check and see if your search window "may' have gotten dragged below your task bar. Just something to try......

Roy

Hi Roy,

I tested what you did, and I could see exactly how this was done. However, in my case, the Search Window didn't "hide" behind the Task Bar, and although it was still on top if it, I could not drag it back up. With that said, what I did find, is that when I placed the mouse pointer on the edge of the Title Bar (the top edge of the Search Window) the mouse pointer changed to a vertical resize arrow, and then by resizing the Search Window up enough to drag it up, I had no problems then.

Interesting situation that I never encountered before, and now that I know what could happen, I also know that "the fix" is.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users