Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Have you seen the New Amplified Bible Module?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hey Gang,

I just noticed yesterday that there is a new version of the Amplified Bible available from Lockman through the Downloads menu in e-Sword!

There are now 4 versions. AMP and AMP+. Both of these are 2015 versions with the plus (+) version having pop-up notes in the Bible text (just like the NASB).

They also have the original version and a plus version of that as well (AMPC amd AMPC+) refered to as classic.

All four seem to be available at one price. I did not see any thing that mentioned a discount for already owning the original (now classic) version.

While I have the original (classic) version, what I have never had was any kind of translators notes with it (in line or as a commentary module).

I went ahead and picked up the new version. The text is updated and the 2015 version appears to have more note links in it over the classic version.

Just thought you might like to know.

Roy

Attached File  New AMP-Plus.jpg   261.18K   120 downloads

Edited by Roy, 24 November 2015 - 09:41 PM.

#2 gene4christ

gene4christ

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

I can not find the link, can you share the link please ? OOPS never mind found it Thanks 

Edited by gene4christ, 26 November 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Lawrence 123

Lawrence 123

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

Hi Roy,

I've never seen the New Amplified Bible Module for E-Sword. I am interested to know about this.  Maybe you could be able to help me where to find this module? I really need it for our Men's group bible study.  

In Christ,

Lawrence

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

I have both the new and the "classic".  If you have the classic you can (or could it might have been a limited time deal) get the new for free.  It is listed in the built in download of e-Sword.   BTW, there are several other translations that have recently updated, so a trip to the downloader primium section is well worth while.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

I must have missed the "Free" period as I had to pay for mine... bummer!  :(

Lawrence

Go  to the Main Tool Menu in e-Sword

Select Download

Select the Bible tab

Scroll down to the Premium Section

Click on Amplified Bible

You will be walked through the purchase process.

According to the "Info" window:

Included in this study set is the 2015 Amplified Bible, the AMP with notes, the 1987 Amplified Bible (Classic), and the AMPC with notes.

Hope this helps.

Roy

#6 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

The free part is only if you have already bought the older module (updates are free).  When you use the down loader the window comes up that asks for your  Product key, entering that validates the download of the updated module.  Don't remember the product key you got way back then? At the bottom of that window is a "button" labeled "Recover Product Key." so you can have it e-mailed to you.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#7 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

I did enter my original product key, but it would not accept it. Invalid key.

I checked and found I had used the wrong e-mail the first time and retried. Same result.

I ended up having to re-purchase the module. Maybe I should have tried a third time, but I simply established a new account for the new e-mail (which is the one used to purchase all my other modules from eStudySource)and just went for it.

My loss I guess... :(

Edited by Roy, 26 January 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

Hey Gang,

I just noticed yesterday that there is a new version of the Amplified Bible available from Lockman through the Downloads menu in e-Sword!

There are now 4 versions. AMP and AMP+. Both of these are 2015 versions with the plus (+) version having pop-up notes in the Bible text (just like the NASB).

They also have the original version and a plus version of that as well (AMPC amd AMPC+) refered to as classic.

All four seem to be available at one price. I did not see any thing that mentioned a discount for already owning the original (now classic) version.

While I have the original (classic) version, what I have never had was any kind of translators notes with it (in line or as a commentary module).

I went ahead and picked up the new version. The text is updated and the 2015 version appears to have more note links in it over the classic version.

Just thought you might like to know.

Roy

attachicon.gifNew AMP-Plus.jpg

Hi Roy,

I just bought and downloaded this today, and I got to admit, I quite like it. Its not bad at all

I like the fact that the notes are popup tooltips, but what is more impressive is that the note references in the body text of of the Scriptures are quite unobtrusive. So, that has be quite a gem.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Yep, I really do like this newer version. It is very clean in appearance. I think that you will enjoy it.

Roy

#10 petelo21

petelo21

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

I'm sorry if this is not the one that should post this, I cannot find where I can post a new request. looking for MysWord Modules:

Israel P. Warren - Parousia

Joseph Bryant Rotherham, The Emphasized Bible, 3rd ed.

Joseph Rotherham - Parousia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users