I wanted to get your feedback on how the next version of this website might look.
This website runs on software called IPBoard (or IPS), version 3.x.
The 3.x version of the software is at the "end of life", meaning we either need to upgrade or we're left with unsupported software that's susceptible to hacks, attacks, and exploits.
The "upgrade" to 4.x won't be a normal upgrade. Because Invision (the makers of IPBoard) made terrible decisions with 4.x, the "upgrade" is more like a complete conversion to another product! Because of this, the look and feel of this website will have to be re-coded.
When I install 4.x, the default is:
- Front page will be gone--a blank page. What you see there will be re-coded.
- Forums look like this.
- Downloads look like this.
I'm going to build-in support for Apple modules, so that the file listing will say "PC, Apple" if both modules are available. And I'm thinking of having the PC and Apple versions available within the same download (similar to how we do it now). Your feedback is welcome here too.
Since I'll have to re-make much of the site anyway...you can be honest! Now is the time to speak up if you have a design viewpoint. I have a few ideas, but I don't want to bias anyone's opinion with my own.
- What don't you like about this website?
- Would you keep the front page basically the same? What would you change? Should the Downloads front page be the site front page?
- What would you change about any part of this website?
- How would you better present information?
- What information would you present? (or not present?)
One of the biggest criticisms of this website has been it looks like a Library. And it's overwhelming. What can we do to change that?