Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Removing Download #

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd Dale

Lloyd Dale

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

I recently went through a complete computer recovery, re-installed e-sword and would like to know how to completely remove the All the files you've downloaded, so I can start over. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. I just want to start from the beginning and know exactly what I download NOW!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

I recently went through a complete computer recovery, re-installed e-sword and would like to know how to completely remove the All the files you've downloaded, so I can start over. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. I just want to start from the beginning and know exactly what I download NOW!

The easiest way would be to simply delete all of the modules in your Esword folder and resource folder 

#3 Lloyd Dale

Lloyd Dale

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:11 PM

I appreciate the answer, but I don't know how to do what you suggest.  I am a novice at computer savvy and on top of that I have had a stroke which slows my thinking ability/process considerably. I really need a step-by-step lesson on how to accomplish your answer. Thank you again.

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

If all you have is a new install of e-Sword and nothing else, you already have the minimum that e-Sword must have to run. This is assuming that you didn't copy a lot of files from a CD or DVD into your new installation of e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 Lloyd Dale

Lloyd Dale

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

I guess I need to break my question down so people can understand what I am asking. I re-installed e-sword. When I go to the 'view files you downloaded' area on this site, it shows downloads I've made in the past. I want to know how to delete everything in that file so I can click on that downloads section above and see what I have downloaded currently and not in the past. Again, in the Message Board above, I want to delete the ''view files you have downloaded'so I can look at that the next time I get on the site and find out exactly what I have and have not currently downloaded. Is there any way to delete this 'view files you have downloaded'? I can't make it any clearer than that.

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

I guess I need to break my question down so people can understand what I am asking. I re-installed e-sword. When I go to the 'view files you downloaded' area on this site, it shows downloads I've made in the past. I want to know how to delete everything in that file so I can click on that downloads section above and see what I have downloaded currently and not in the past. Again, in the Message Board above, I want to delete the ''view files you have downloaded'so I can look at that the next time I get on the site and find out exactly what I have and have not currently downloaded. Is there any way to delete this 'view files you have downloaded'? I can't make it any clearer than that.

My bad I thought you wanted to dump all of the downloaded modules and files on your computer

#7 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

The easiest way for you to do this is just set-up a new account here.  That way the site won't think you have downloaded any of our resources.

#8 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

I also misunderstood. You're talking about the list of downloads shown on BibleSupport. I looked and didn't find a way for a user to delete the contents of this list. Maybe Josh, the Admin, knows a way to do this.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#9 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:42 PM

The easiest way for you to do this is just set-up a new account here.  That way the site won't think you have downloaded any of our resources.

Good answer - I wish I waited for my post.

#10 Lloyd Dale

Lloyd Dale

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

To set up a new account means I have to set up a new e-mail address. Which is ludicrous! A new e-mail address means I have to change a whole lot more than just this account.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users