Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Downloads

10 replies to this topic

#1 EddyLaval

EddyLaval

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:36 AM

this is in the nature of request. some time ago i downloaded Chafers "Systematic Theology". i was guided through a process and also paid the amount requested.

however after, what i thought was the finality of the download, i have never been able to find the book/s in my e-sword. I wonder if anyone is able to enlighten me as to what to do. i have to admit that after unsuccessfully trying to find same, it tended onto the back burner, and i left it. Now however we are doing the Syst Theo at college, i'm trying to unearth it.

i will have to go back on my banking cards to see when and if the amount was deducted. so really my query is who i can talk to in the admin dept of e-sword, if indeed there is someone of that designation.

kind rgds

Edmund LaValette. Jhb, S.A. 

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:43 AM

Complete this form on the official e-Sword site. http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

It is strange that in the Downloader in e-Sword that the purchase, and info data is missing.

Jon

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:45 AM

The book would be displayed by the use of the "Reference Library" that you access via the three book icon, in the main toolbar.

Attached File  2015-10-27 09 52 57.png   7.96K   3 downloads

Edited by JPG, 27 October 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:18 AM

JPG is right the one thing I could add is that the modules are not always displayed as as you might expect to see them.  For example am copy of NELSON'S
Bible Manners & Customs is listed on the Reference Book list as Bible Manners & Customs, I searched the long list of my reference books in vain for Nelson's, 

I fear that the missing purchase and info data may mean that the company that originally provided the resource is no longer providing it.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

It is, as Jon (JPG) said, in the reference library. Use the icon he pointed out for you. You will find it under this title "Chafer's Systematic Theology".

Hope this helps!

Roy

Attached File  Chafer.jpg   234.29K   7 downloads

P.S. I bought mine through estudysource.com and there I downloaded the file and had to run an installer program to actually install the resource. I am not sure how a direct purchase from within the e-Sword handles the install process. You might want to check and see if there is a step that was simply missed.

Edited by Roy, 27 October 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#6 SteffiMaria Reeves

SteffiMaria Reeves

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

I cant find out how to get downloaded  & saved zip fles to install  on esword! please HELP!

#7 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

1st, which version of e-Sword are you using and and what computer operating system are you using (Windows (which?) or Mac (Apple).

-or-

Are you using either an iPad or Android tablet?

2nd, which module(s) are you trying download and use (what is their file name)?

3rd, you said this but I want to be sure, do the file names actually end with 'zip'?

We need a little bit more info to be able to help you properly.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 27 October 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

I cant find out how to get downloaded  & saved zip fles to install  on esword! please HELP!

You need to open and extract the contents of the zip files in order to install them

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

One of the amazing things I find regarding help questions such as this, is that these issues are covered in e-Swords user Guide. And the e-Sword User Guide should be the first port of call for resolving most of the problems one encounters with e-Sword. To access this user guide simply press the F1 key on your keyboard, or click on Contents in the Help Menu.

e-Sword User Guide

e-Sword User Guide.jpg

Now, if one's version of e-Sword is below Version 10 (which is a Beta version), then one seriously needs to, or has to upgrade to the current version. The reason as to why ... Well, it basically is this: Official e-Sword Topic Note (.topx) files no longer opens in the Topic Note Editor, and only opens in the Reference Library window. However, the only Topic Note (.topx) files that do open in the Topic Note Editor are:

• The ones you create either in e-Sword or in ToolTip Tool NT (T4)

• All third part files from other sources, including the ones downloaded from here.

Having said that, third party Topic Note (.topx) files can also be opened in the Reference Library window. The .refx files, which are dedicated Reference Library files which users can create by either using one of two methods:

1. Converting a third part Topic Note file in e-Sword's Topic Note Editor. For instructions of how to do this check it out in the e-Sword User Guide.

2. Creating a Reference Library file using T4. For instructions of how this is done check it out in the ToolTipTool NT User Guide.

Finally, Josh Bond and his team have done a great deal of work in creating and maintaining the e-Sword User Guide. This resource, as I said in the beginning,

... is the first port of call for resolving most of the problems one encounters with e-Sword.

And as such is an invaluable resource.

Here is a tip and a suggestion you can do with this User Guide. Print it out and create it as your own hard copy book, placing the pages in a Ring Binder, or something similar, and have it on workstation desk ready to use when needed.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 jofireman

jofireman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

I am trying to other resources to show up in e-sword but not having any luck. 

a. the resources is in the right location.

b. it does not show up in the Resource Options dialog box.

c. i am using the latest version of e-sword with windows 7

d. any outside resource in not showing up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users