Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Flickering Cursor Problem

1 reply to this topic

#1 michaelministry

michaelministry

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

I have the latest version e-sword 10.4.0 on my Lennovo PC and have windows 10 installed with all the updates.  I have notiece even before on Windows 7 that in all the editors in e-sword the cursor flickers or blinks.  This is more of a bad annoyance than a problem.  I have emailed Rick Meyers or e-sword about it over a month ago I believe but have not heard anything back.   Does anyone else have this problem and know how to stop it?  

I couldn't upload a recorded video of it but here is a link to it:  https://www.flickr.c...gartwork/C76195

Thanks and God Bless!

Michael King

Edited by michaelministry, 26 October 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

It is more or less doing what it is suppose to do.

You know all of those neat features like Pop-Up verses and Pop-up Strong's numbers?

The way e-Sword does that is by pattern recognition. Every word the mouse hovers over, e-Sword has to check to see if it is a scripture link or a Strong's number.

The flicker you see is the computer "processing" the data under the mouse. You are seeing the wait/busy cursor being briefly displayed.

You "might" stop some of it by shutting off the Display ToolTips for both Scripture & Strong's numbers but I don't think you would really want to do that.

Sorry I can't really help beyond offering a bit of explanation. If any one else reading this knows better that I, please chime in!

Roy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users