Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Help with Bible Versions Please

5 replies to this topic

#1 DiTony

DiTony

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hi,

I am new here, and I just downloaded e-Sword yesterday. I'm looking forward to using it, however, on the app store, it said that you can download additional Bible translations. I am trying to download the NKJV, and I do not see it as an option. Can someone help me out with that? 

I'm "hoping" that I did not just spend $9.99 only to find out that I cannot get the translations that I need. I see a bunch of translations here that I will probably never use; I'm looking for basic translations. (NKJV, ESV, NASB, etc..)

Thank you.

Coming back in to say that I'm going to try and work with this a little more before giving up. Maybe I just need to spend more time getting to know how it works. THANK YOU to all who responded...much appreciated!  :)

Edited by DiTony, 23 October 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

I'm not a Mac user, but I do have e-Sword HD (iPad) and can tell you that the New King James Version is a commercial version (that means it has a cost). In fact each of the versions you mentioned by name are still under copyright and can only be legally obtained by purchasing them.

I am not sure where it is on the OS-X version but there is a resource download page in the program. You should find that Bible version listed there. Clicking on it will walk you through the purchase process. (Note: If you have purchased a module for the Windows version, the same activation code will work with the Mac version of e-Sword.)

Sorry I can't be any more help that this.

Roy

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

I see a bunch of translations here that I will probably never use.

Keep in your mind that the most Bible modules there are NOT converted to Apple format BBLI. So you need to convert or take those that are already converted.

And that some Bible translations are created by members on this board and are free. So why not giving them a chance?

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 DiTony

DiTony

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

I'm not a Mac user, but I do have e-Sword HD (iPad) and can tell you that the New King James Version is a commercial version (that means it has a cost). In fact each of the versions you mentioned by name are still under copyright and can only be legally obtained by purchasing them.

I am not sure where it is on the OS-X version but there is a resource download page in the program. You should find that Bible version listed there. Clicking on it will walk you through the purchase process. (Note: If you have purchased a module for the Windows version, the same activation code will work with the Mac version of e-Sword.)

Sorry I can't be any more help that this.

Roy

Thank you. I did find the Resource link, however when I clicked on it, the option to download is "greyed" out, so it's not even giving me that option. In fact, MANY of the links on the dropdown menus are greyed out, and I don't know why. 

Some background though: I used to own a PC before my Mac (4 years in with Mac) and I used a great Bible program called PC Study Bible, which had multiple translations included (all the ones I mentioned, plus a few more). I had to do nothing but download the program, and every single thing I needed was enclosed right in the program..easy peasy. 

I edited my OP to say that I am going to try and work with this a little more before giving up on it. Thanks again for your help and input.

Edited by DiTony, 23 October 2015 - 11:06 AM.

#5 DiTony

DiTony

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

I see a bunch of translations here that I will probably never use.

Keep in your mind that the most Bible modules there are NOT converted to Apple format BBLI. So you need to convert or take those that are already converted.

And that some Bible translations are created by members on this board and are free. So why not giving them a chance?

I did not know that about the Bible modules, either; thank you for your help and input. 

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

If you are looking for some helpful modules, along the lines of what you're requesting, I'd suggest the following free options form this website.

KJ3 (a new literal translation along the lines of the NKJV)

The Modern Literal Version (You'll be surprised by how much you like it once you give it a shot)

The ISV (similar to the ESV)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users