Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Frank Peretti

7 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hi 

I was wonder if I can Upload Frank Peretti books (x8). He is know for This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness, etc.

or is it copyright?

thanks

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

Those would most likely still be under copyright... their not that old.... you might be able to get permission though....

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hi 

I was wonder if I can Upload Frank Peretti books (x8). He is know for This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness, etc.

or is it copyright?

thanks

Hi Niobi,

All his works are copyright, including those you asked about. With regards to getting them available for e-Sword, you will need to get permission from the publishers, Crossway Books.

Now comes the more tricky part of it. As to whether or not you are able to have them as a free resource for e-Sword would have to be considered as highly unlikely, and as such, I have my doubts that you would be able to get permission to create them as e-Sword resources. About the only way that could, at a stretch, be made possible, is to contact  the author, and see if you can gain permission from him to create the author.  So, with that in mind, and considering that writing is how he derives his income, I think (and this is theory only,) he may give permission if they were a premium resource, and would require a royalty for them.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 peterpanpirate

peterpanpirate

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:40 AM

Think his books will be legally distributed only after the copyright expires. Normally it's life+70 in America and other countries following Life+70 copyright.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

Think his books will be legally distributed only after the copyright expires. Normally it's life+70 in America and other countries following Life+70 copyright.

As true as this may be, however, and I mean however, permission can be gained to copy these books and have them made into e-Sword resources for free. A prime example of this is the College Press Bible Study Textbook Series. That said, however (oh no!!! Not another however) the objective is to get that permission, which is the tricky and dicky part which causes some skepticism for me of whether this is actually possible. In other words, I'm skeptical about as to whether they will give that permission.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hi APsit190,

I suggest you to ask for permission :rolleyes: laughing :D or someone else if you really want it.

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 15 October 2015 - 05:40 PM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Hi APsit190,

I suggest you to ask for permission :rolleyes: laughing :D or someone else if you really want it.

thanks

Hi Niobi,

I don't want it as his work is not a genre that really sparks any interest in me. I'm just not that interested in Christian Fiction as I tend to find it rather boring. So with that, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

Quote:

Hi Niobi,

I don't want it as his work is not a genre that really sparks any interest in me. I'm just not that interested in Christian Fiction as I tend to find it rather boring. So with that, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Blessings,

Brother, might I ask...have you read any of his works? The two that Niobi specifically mentions are actually very good. Those two are about spiritual warfare and a number of the characters are Angels and Demons. The LORD Jesus himself makes an appearance in the second book when one of the characters repents and becomes a Christian...

Just my two cents....

Roy

Edited by Roy, 16 October 2015 - 06:58 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users