Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

New International Commentary on the New Testament

16 replies to this topic

#1 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

I just noticed that estudysource is offering a new commentary and it sounds too good to be true:

http://estudysource.....aspx?pid=C0024

What surprises me is the low price. Then, I wondered if it some kind of an abridged version. Any comments? I did email estudysource to ask, BTW.

#2 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Jogirl....

Heres what I've found out on this Set....Its the same one theWord has for a "Fee". They have a fee for each volume of the OT & NT.... They also have a fee for the entire OT (22 vols....$660+).....And they also have the entire NT (18 vols....$500+). I'm thinking the 18 vols that eStudysource is offering is the same as theWord is offering (Full NT Version ).....but  at 1/5 of the Price. When you get the answer to your eMail.....please let us know what they said !! 

Dartmaster644

#3 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:06 PM

So far, no response. I have re-read their description and cannot find a hint that these are not the full volumes as per the hardbound set. But, I really need validation before I bite. Wish there was another way to get it. This is a great commentary and would be a huge savings for all.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

I just noticed that estudysource is offering a new commentary and it sounds too good to be true:

What surprises me is the low price. Then, I wondered if it some kind of an abridged version. Any comments? I did email estudysource to ask, BTW.

On that note, I went to the site and had a look at the price, and I drooled out both sides of the mouth (which is good cos that means I'm on the level :lol:). With that said, I'm gonna buy it next month.

OK, now for the rest. Now that we have the NICNT in stock, I no longer think it is now a matter of if, but when we will have the TDNT and the TWOT for e-Sword. When the TDNT is going to be made available for e-Sword, I'm hoping that its going to be the unabridged version using the same numbering system as seen in Thayer's Greek NT Dictionary, and in  Brown-Driver-Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions Dictionary.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 22 September 2015 - 09:40 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

Update:

A brother was kind of enough to send me something I could use to compare what estudysource offers in the NICNT.  In comparing it with another electronic edition I  have of NICNT, I noticed a few things.  It is essentially the same, including footnotes.  You don't have to select a footnote since they just include all the words in parentheses in the body of the text.  That is nice.  There is a minor sequential difference in where they but the Bibliography and Abbreviations, still they are there.  One problem that is significant for me is that Hebrew text does not render well.  I get question marks instead of Hebrew letters.  So, I suppose one could try any of the several different Hebrew fonts within e-sword to see if another one works.  I normally use the default font which works well in K & D for instance.  (I am thinking it is a given that whatever font I must change to in order to use NICNT must also work with other commentary modules and their Hebrew characters.)

Edited by Jogirl, 23 September 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:40 AM

I can't get the Hebrew to render in this commentary either, no matter what font e-Sword uses (default, or otherwise).

Also of interest is the tooltipping. When a verse is dissected into a, b, or c, the verse tooltip doesn't show, i.e. Php_2:7c or Rom_8:4b. The letter should be moved away from the verse for the tooltip to activate in e-Sword.

Looks like a good set, though, especially at this price.

#7 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

I wrote estudysource and cited the two issues with the NICNT.

#8 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

Received this from estudysource:

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about this. The text development manager will carefully look into it and make any necessary changes in future editions. If an updated edition is released, it will be available to you for downloading at no additional cost using the links in your online account or system receipt. We sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter!

#9 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

From estudysource: "These are the texts for the 18 vols. as supplied by the publisher. They are not abridged."

As Dartmaster and Josh both said, this is a good set at a good price. An offer I cannot afford to pass up!

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

From estudysource: "These are the texts for the 18 vols. as supplied by the publisher. They are not abridged."

As Dartmaster and Josh both said, this is a good set at a good price. An offer I cannot afford to pass up!

OK, the drooling out of both sides of my mouth has now increased 10 fold, as where it is now creating a bit of a flood. I guess that means I really have to do something about getting this commentary.

This increased drooling can become a health and safety hazard, and so hanging around for a month to get this commentary is going to have to be at most cut in half.

OK, now for some seriousness.

Thanks a heap for your information, and for your input to where this commentary is at.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users