Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-sword X - working between two computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oakest

oakest

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hi everyone

Just converted to a mac - have both a desktop and a macbook. I've managed to transfer my study notes over but have failed to import my topics. I can always do a copy and past for these as I probably only have about 50. My question though is there anyway that the topics/notes files can be cloud based so that when switching between the two computers my notes are always unto date. 

If I can't have them cloud based anybody got a quick and easy way of exporting the files for transfer? (my study notes are currently  around the 60MB range)

Thanks for considering

Tim

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Hi Tim,

I'm not a Mac user, so with that whatever I say is purely theoretical. And on that basis, whatever you do, do not hold your breath.

If working from the cloud, you should be able to work from and between your Mac machine (whether PC and/or Laptop), and any iOS device (which is iPhone and/or iPad). All e-Sword HD, LT and X resource files are compatible to each other. However, e-Sword for PC (Windows) resources are not compatible for Mac OSX and iOS versions of e-Sword, and therefore need to be converted. Beyond all of that sort of hiccup, you should be sweet as, having no problems at all.

Now, when it comes to using Cloud technology (outside File Servers) I dunno just how much or if whether or not you are locked into purely using Apple's Cloud system, or you have a choice of your favorite Cloud provider. That said, in theory (I like saying things like that because it sounds good), I reckon you shouldn't have any problems with your choice of Cloud provider. I know with Microsoft ONE, you can install on your Mac, but unsure of any iOS devices you may have.

Hope I've helped you, and that it works out fine for you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users