Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

building a Portuguese e-sword strongs dictionary

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fanimike

fanimike

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

does any know if its possible to switch the mouse over strong numbers to open a different dictionary than the strong concordance i would like to change it to open a portuguese version that i am building (only 20% complete, but my test version with 200 words works in the dictionary section) i was thinking if i could alter the pop-up version it would help many people who don't have good english skills.

thanx in advance

mike 

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

does any know if its possible to switch the mouse over strong numbers to open a different dictionary than the strong concordance i would like to change it to open a portuguese version that i am building (only 20% complete, but my test version with 200 words works in the dictionary section) i was thinking if i could alter the pop-up version it would help many people who don't have good english skills.

thanx in advance

mike 

Hi Mike,

Dead easy.

Considering that you are creating a Strong's Numbered dictionary, albeit in Portuguese, to change it over for it to be read in a tooltip is exactly the same as any other Strong's numbered dictionary.

To change a Strong's Numbered dictionary to popup in a tooltip, just do the following:

• Click on Options menu
  • Click on the 5th Options menu item, Strong's # ToolTip...
  • In the ToolTip Lexington dialog, in both Old Testament and New Testament dropdown ComboBoxes, select your Portuguese Strong's Dictionary. Just make sure that you have given it a name that differs from the normal Strong's Dictionary name.

Note: This will work on all Strong's Numbered Dictionary irrespective of the language it is written in.

Trust this is helpful to you.

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 03 September 2015 - 04:52 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:16 AM

• In the ToolTip Lexington dialog, in both Old Testament and New Testament dropdown ComboBoxes, select your Portuguese Strong's Dictionary. Just make sure that you have given it a name that differs from the normal Strong's Dictionary name.

You got me thinking with this one :)

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users