Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Hebrew Parts Grammatical parts of speech

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jarem08

Jarem08

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Greetings to all. I am in need of help. I am able to function fairly well using Greek and the LXX. I can find what I am looking for and what I need. However, when it comes to Hebrew....I am lost! I need to know of a great resource either downloadable to E-Sword (Version 10.4.0) or an actual hard copy so as to look up how a word is used in parts of speech and if it is singular and plural. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you!

Martinos08

#2 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

You might check out the Hebrew for Christians web sight.  Begin with the grammatical functions of the aleph bet, alphabet.  I am in the process of putting together a Hebrew Scripture Representation that will show this and therefore identify the Hebrew root words in scripture along with the prefixes and suffixes as they are translated, however this will take considerable time a year or so to put together, because there are thousands and thousands of Hebrew word forms. If the Hebrew tokens were represented by English letters reading left to right the Hebrew phrase {בדבריו} would be represented as BDBRYW and translate as { B in DBRY words W his own} There is also a pocket electronic dictionary available at Hebrew for Christians, but I have been learning the slow way.  Hebrew is really a cool writing system that goes from cryptic to symbolic, emblematic, numeric, and algebraic to majestic, prophetic and finally unique and Holy.  May the LORD bless you efforts to seek him in his own writing pattern.

dan ramsey

#3 Jarem08

Jarem08

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

WOW! Thank you so much for your help on this! I never knew this existed! I pray that your work in the Hebrew is blessed by God and that it is an enlightenment for all who will use your system! God bless and thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users