Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Tags in E-sword

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ágúst Valgarð Ólafsson

Ágúst Valgarð Ólafsson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:15 AM

I made a great discovery the other day. I use [Study Notes] extensively - as I am reading I will write notes into study notes. The other day I was considering if there was a way in E-sword to gather all [Study Notes] that address the same topic. In other software/websites - using tags would be a typical approach to do this.

Then I realized that there is nothing stopping me from doing that in E-sword even if it is not a native feature. So - I basically created a new [Topic Note] file where I keep track of all the #hashtags I use - example:

#healer - God is a healer and longs for us to work with him in that.

#kingdomofgod - teaching on the Kingdom of God - key components.

etc...

Then - simply - in my [Study Notes] - I will mark them by using one or more hashtags - simply putting them into the text (usually at the bottom). The final piece of the puzzle then is that if I want to see all [Study Notes] on #healer - I simply go to [Study Notes] search and search for #healer - and whola - all [Study Notes] with that #hashtag show up in less then a second.

The weak part of this is mispelling the hashtag - but that is not a big issue for me. As long as I keep track of what hashtags I am using in a central location - the rest is easy and convenient.

Hope this is helpful for someone.

Much grace! Agust

(Attached is an example of a search - note that I use Icelandic - #græðarinn means #healer in icelandic :-) ).

Attached Files

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hashtags are a great idea. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 gmb21

gmb21

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:32 AM

Very helpful -- thanks!

#4 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:42 AM

I like it, I like it, I like it! :)

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

That is a great discovery 

your Idea of a central location

you can create a list of your hashtags as a topx and open them in the REF Library so you can have the topx editor open and taking notes  then copy and paste your tag from the reference window (you can use the paste into Topic note icon highlite the tag you want)

and you can always add a tag to the list by opening the topx in the topic editor 

DSaw

Edited by DSaw, 29 September 2016 - 10:38 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 maverick1972

maverick1972

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

Same idea. I generally use square brackets. [likethis] then search for a exact match.

ie. [sin] [election] [grief]

#7 emilzalez

emilzalez

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

God is good. I've been thinking if something like that would be possible. You have opened a great door. thank you.

#8 smokiibear

smokiibear

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 07:15 AM

Sorry. I’m not that advanced. Would you mind demonstrating with a pictures?

Edited by smokiibear, 21 August 2023 - 07:26 AM.

#9 smokiibear

smokiibear

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2023 - 07:47 AM

After re-reading it, I think I understand how to implement. Thank you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users