Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Windows 10 — any reports?

27 replies to this topic

#11 earlmiller1

earlmiller1

New to Bible Support

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

No problems running e-sword on my computers which are running the Windows 10 OS.

#12 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

No issues here for eSword or theWord on Windows 10.

From the microsoft website: Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.

#13 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:42 AM

Installed W10 on my $149 Lenovo Q-190.  e-Sword works.  e-Sword HotKey works.  T4 works.  Firefox words fine.

When I installed W10, it unchecked all the options for sending data to Microsoft. 

I've tested nothing else on W10 so far.

#14 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:46 PM

All,

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and everything is just hunky-dory, and goes like a bomb. Just gotta be careful it doesn't blow up like one. LOL.gif

e-Sword works really great, as does all my other Applications that I commonly use:

• Firefox
  • Thunderbird
  • WordPerfect
  • WPS Office
  • Visual Studio 2015 Community Ed
  • Blend for Visual Studio 2015
  • Notepad ++

Another plus that is, I guess, not really suppose to happen, is the Windows 10 Games Screen Recorder works well for recording videos of other software, including e-Sword. To bring up the Screen recorder, first make sure you have a program running, then on your Keyboard, press Window Key + G. To record a video, Click on the Big red button. If you have a mike, you can record a commentary of what you are doing and etc.

So, in some respects, if you are having problems with e-Sword, you can record a video of that problem, and perhaps solutions to those problems can be resolved far better than they are. Moreover, when it comes to giving the solution, a screen recording can be made, demonstrating the fix.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#15 GWSwordUser

GWSwordUser

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouth Sioux City, NE, USA

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:34 AM

If I upgrade (I'm running Windows 7 and the "Check your PC option says I'm good to go) will I need to reinstall all my programs or will the upgrade act like an update?

Gary

#16 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

There is a choice I believe and one is to keep your programs and files, however it is always good to back up data before doing anything major.

If you don't like 10 there is an option to go back for the first month.  I had a netbook that  had problems due to drivers and I went back to 7 with no problems.

It looks like drivers are a problem with some updates but nothing real serious that I've seen.

#17 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm not having any noteable Windows 10 issues.  I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on 7/29.  However, I'm currently running e-Sword version 10.2.1.  Can anyone confirm that e-Sword version 10.4 will run OK on Windows 10? 

Thanks!

Edited by only2goats, 07 August 2015 - 06:49 PM.

#18 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

No problems that I've run into.

#19 bjgrick

bjgrick

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

Installed e-Sword on Windows 10 tonight. It is running better than it ever did on Windows 7.

#20 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Only2goats, I installed 10.4.0 two days ago and have no issues whatsoever. e-Sword is working as flawlessly as it ever did on Win-7. HTH!

I have not read all the earlier posts in this thread or in another one along the same lines so wondering if others are having any problems. Will have to come back and do more reading when time permits.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users