Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

New E-sword X user here...need help converting files

12 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Devine

Andy Devine

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

okay, so I finally got E-Sword X on my mac, and I am wondering what is the easiest way to get the modules onto my Mac.  I know they need to be converted, but what is the best way to go about doing this?  I browsed through many of the modules and noticed that many are not IOS compatible.  

#2 snekkis

snekkis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

I wondered about that too.

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

okay, so I finally got E-Sword X on my mac, and I am wondering what is the easiest way to get the modules onto my Mac.  I know they need to be converted, but what is the best way to go about doing this?  I browsed through many of the modules and noticed that many are not IOS compatible.  

There is an apple converter available at the official e-sword website:

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the extras list to find the apple converter

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

You can also use ToolTip Tool NT

Read a module and change the variables to the HD version.

Then convert by clinking on ModulesHD and save ...

Every module that is made for e-Sword HD or e-Sword LT is compatible with e-Sword X for Apple.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

Ha! I knew it ... where there is a will, there is a way. Just can't beat that.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 snekkis

snekkis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Just testing out a bible module of mine. It works in e-Sword on Win. This Apple converter makes a .bbli file, and when I put the file into the Resources folder, inside the Package content, e-Sword X will not start. It does not like any foreign inside it's folder. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Looks like the other bible modules have .dzip extensions.

#7 snekkis

snekkis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:25 AM

Sorry, I did not look for the obvious. I tried in menu>File>Resources>Import>... .bbli, and there it was.

Did not think about the most smooth way :blink:

#8 Jeff Wilt

Jeff Wilt

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

Is there a way to convert using only a mac? The reason I purchased E-Sword X is because I have switched away from a pc not just added a mac to my arsenal. I do not have a windows pc available.

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:59 PM

Is there a way to convert using only a mac? The reason I purchased E-Sword X is because I have switched away from a pc not just added a mac to my arsenal. I do not have a windows pc available.

Hi Jeff,

Seems that there isn't, and considering that is quite possibility the case, about the only solution to your problem is to install e-Sword PC Edition onto your Mac, using Crossover, and continue using the current resources you have from that edition of e-Sword.

As to what resources third party free are actually available for iOS and Mac editions of e-Sword, I have no idea, and going by what I can see, it appears that there are no listings of resources on here for these editions of e-Sword.

I once posted an idea of how users can know what resources are available for e-Sword Mac (which includes iOS), PC, and also MySword, but haven't heard anything back on it. I still think its a good idea as it really would simplify finding what resources are available for the different platforms e-Sword is for. See Screenshot of the idea below.

Bible Support Listing.png

And I reckon having something like that really would make life a heap better for finding resources and downloading it for the required e-Sword platform, as well as MySword.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Andrew Chapman

Andrew Chapman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

Yes, I have been reduced to googling for bible modules + .bbli etc. Is there a better way? Andrew

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users