Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Thayer's Unabridged

9 replies to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

Hi all,

here is a comparison of Thayer's Unabridged to Thayer e-Sword version

Notice the differences

Attached File  Thayer Comparison.jpg   106.79K   66 downloads

Thayer's Unabridged

http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

Thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 10 July 2015 - 04:19 AM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

Hi all,

here is a comparison of Thayer's Unabridged to Thayer e-Sword version

Notice the differences

attachicon.gifThayer Comparison.jpg

Thayer's Unabridged

http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

Thanks

Hi Niobi,

The best I can say about that is, I am impressed, as in really impressed. I just thought I would place the biggest emphasis I could muster to try to show how impressed I am.

Going to download it, and make it to be the default Thayer Dictionary on e-Sword.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

I agree, VERY impressive.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

Between entries G76 and G77 there is a text entry:  G to Philo, de leg. alleg. 1:29, Works, i., p. 62, Mang. edition, ; according to Eusebius, Prep. Ev. 7:8 e; according to Josephus, Antiquities 1, 1, 2 p, with which gesenius agrees, see his Thesaurus i., p. 25);

When selected it reads:  1. Adam, the first man and the parent of the whole human race: Luk_3:38; Rom_5:14; 1Co_15:22; 1Co_15:45; 1Ti_2:13; Jud_1:14. In accordance with the rabbinic distinction between the former Adam (הָרִאשׁון אָדָם), the first man, the author of 'all our woe,' and the latter Adam (הָאַחֲרון אָדָם), the Messiah, the redeemer, in 1Co_15:45 Jesus Christ is called ὁ ἔσχατος Ἀδάμ (see ἔσχατος, 1) and contrasted with ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος; Rom_5:14 ὁ μέλλων namely, Ἀδάμ.

2. one of the ancestors of Jesus: Luk_3:33 WH marginal reading (cf. Ἀδμείν).

I suspect this is an error.

Also are there any plans to include TVM any time soon?

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Tim yes it was and error 

as far as TVM goes I didn't have plans to, but now I will think about it

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

I have Thayers for my WordSearch Install.

The entry for <G76> in it is as follows:

Αδαμ <G76>, indeclinable proper name (but in Josephus, Αδαμος, Αδαμου), ‏אָדָם‎ (i.e. according to Philo, de leg. alleg. 1:29, Works, i., p. 62, Mang. edition, γηινος; according to Eusebius, Prep. Ev. 7:8 γηγενης; according to Josephus, Antiquities 1, 1, 2 πυρρος, with which Gesenius agrees, see his Thesaurus i., p. 25);

1. Adam, the first man and the parent of the whole human race: Luke 3:38; Romans 5:14; 1 Corinthians 15:22,45; 1 Timothy 2:13f; Jude 1:14. In accordance with the rabbinic distinction between the former Adam (‏הָרִאשׁוֹןאָדָם‎), the first man, the author of 'all our woe,' and the latter Adam (‏חָאַחֲרוֹןאָדָם‎), the Messiah, the redeemer, in 1 Corinthians 15:45 Jesus Christ is called ὁεσχατος Αδαμ (see εσχατος, 1) and contrasted with ὁπρωτος ανθρωπος; Romans 5:14 ὁμελλων namely, Αδαμ.

2. one of the ancestors of Jesus: Luke 3:33 WH marginal reading (cf. Αδμειν).*

It looks like the formatting may be a bit off or a slight truncating at the start of the entry.

Roy

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

Roy that has been fixed

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Beware that TVM is copyright

http://www.biblesupp...ood/#entry23881

#9 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Beware that TVM is copyright

http://www.biblesupp...ood/#entry23881

The TVM module itself is copyrighted and can not be used as a source, but not every Grammatical code source is copyrighted Bagsters for one

and I do not think that Tim meant the TVM module itself but adding tense voice mood,also called  parsing, and or morphology i.e. grammatical forms of a word

#10 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Yes sorry for the confusion.  The morphology and parsing are very helpful.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users