Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Print Verses Options

7 replies to this topic

#1 mcarp1044

mcarp1044

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEdmond, Oklahoma

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:31 PM

I have been using eSword for quite some time and I'm presently using version 10.4. One of the features I use frequently is the "Print Verses" listed under "Bible" in the menu. When I'm preparing material for the adult Sunday school class I teach I use this feature to include the notes from TSK in the list of verses.

I would like to be able to print out a list of verses but, instead of notes from TSK, I would like to include Greek/Hebrew word definitions from Strong's. I haven't found a way to accomplish this task yet. So far the "best" I've found is to hover over each Greek/Hebrew word in eSword and then write down on paper the definitions. If anyone knows where this ability is located in the eSword program, or how I can do what I am trying to accomplish without the paper and pencil routine, I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

If this feature is not available, I'd sure like to see it in future versions. I think this was available some years ago in QuickVerse by Parsons but that program will not run on my Windows 7 Professional system.

Thanks again for any help.

Mike

Heb 12:2

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

You would need a bible module with the Greek/Hebrew definitions from strongs embedded inline in each bible verse, then you could use the bible verse list option under Bible in the esword menu to generate and print the lists you require. I am not sure there is such a module as the verses would be very cumbersome in size. There is a Strong dictionary module that can be downloaded for esword that you could copy and past from

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hello Mike,

Try using the built-in topic notes editor in e-Sword. You can copy and paste the verses you want into the topic notes - along with just about anything else you might want. F4 copies the tool-tip (Strongs information), and you can paste it into the topic notes before you print the topic notes. You can use any editor you want to if you don't like the built-in editor in e-Sword. I hope this helps you.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:57 PM

Use Topic Notes to build your notes.  Setup the editor, Bible, dictionary, and commentary windows to be visible.  Select the verses you want in your notes, right click and select "Paste into Topic Notes".  Jump to the Commentary window, select the text in the TSK, and right click and select "Paste into Topic Notes".  Click on a word or Strong Number, then jump to the Dictionary window, select the test in the Strong, BDB, or other, and then right click and select "Paste into Topic Notes".  Repeat for the next set of verses. 

#5 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

The print verse/verses function offers the option of printing from the Commentary that you have selected. I am not certain what the TSK is considered a commentary.  Printing the Strong's definition would require a way to select which word(s) in the verses cited you wanted to have defined.  

I think BH has the best workaround.  

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#6 mcarp1044

mcarp1044

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationEdmond, Oklahoma

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

I appreciate the inputs from each of you. The workaround by BH certainly seems to have the most maneuvering to do in the program.

I would still like to see the functionality of including Commentary notes (such as TSK) but since Strong's isn't classified as a Commentary it can't be used this way. Since I'm not a programmer I don't understand why TSK can be used for looking up references but Strong's cannot. I'll have to defer that to those who know more about programming than I do.

Thanks again for your quick responses and the suggestions to accomplish what I'm attempting to do.

Mike

#7 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

I appreciate the inputs from each of you. The workaround by BH certainly seems to have the most maneuvering to do in the program.

I would still like to see the functionality of including Commentary notes (such as TSK) but since Strong's isn't classified as a Commentary it can't be used this way. Since I'm not a programmer I don't understand why TSK can be used for looking up references but Strong's cannot. I'll have to defer that to those who know more about programming than I do.

Thanks again for your quick responses and the suggestions to accomplish what I'm attempting to do.

Mike

Try downloading one of the two Strongs dictionary modules from this site you can copy and past from them

http://www.biblesupp...rongs-with-lxx/

http://www.biblesupp...ivalentdctxexe/

Edited by Tj Higgins, 09 July 2015 - 09:27 PM.

#8 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Mike

You have the same functionality from the Bible pane, Dictionary pane, and Commentary pane.  If you have the TSK in the Commentary pane, then it works fine.  If you have Srongs in the Dictionary pane, it works fine.  Use a Bible with Strong numbers quickly and easily finds the works you need in the dictionary, and the commentary will automagically work when you select scripture in the Bible pane.  Again, select what you want in any of these pane, and right click and select "Paste in to Topic Notes". 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users