Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New modules for The Word?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Live4Jesus

Live4Jesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

What are the chances you could offer new modules in both e-Sword and the Word format? I don't know if I'm the only one who downloads and converts from this website but but it would be cool to just download them directly. You would not have to make any installer or anything. The person could download and then run the module which automatically installs it for the Word. Don't get me wrong, I like e-Sword and it has its place. I recommend it to people who are overwhelmed by too many options and I use your manual when helping new people who aren't very computer savy.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

What are the chances you could offer new modules in both e-Sword and the Word format? I don't know if I'm the only one who downloads and converts from this website but but it would be cool to just download them directly. You would not have to make any installer or anything. The person could download and then run the module which automatically installs it for the Word. Don't get me wrong, I like e-Sword and it has its place. I recommend it to people who are overwhelmed by too many options and I use your manual when helping new people who aren't very computer savy.

I like TheWord. I know several people download from here and convert them to TheWord.

I just don't have a clean way to display the same file for multiple software without having multiple listings. It is possible to put more than one file in a single download. When the user clicks the download button, a screen displays with the available downloads. This is ideal for mult-volume works--rather than creating a new listing for all 5 volumes, we can have one file description and listing with the 5 volumes available. And that functionality is right out of the box in IPBoard (works right now in fact).

But there's no easy way to clarify which module is for which software when having multiple files in the same file listing. Despite very clear markings on the MySword and e-Sword resources, we have users who try to install one on the other and then complain. We have users who report files as broken because they don't know how to install a topx file, or because they don't know where to find the topics file once installed. So I can just imagine the complaints on a less clear screen where someone downloaded a twm file and can't figure out how to install it for e-Sword. Posted Image

I'd say just use Costas' converter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users