Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 10?

69 replies to this topic

#51 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

The current e-sword is 32-bit build and they need it 64-bit build compatible for Windows 10.

SO it is an E-sword issue which they need to FIX!

All of my 32-bit programs work just fine with Windows 10, including e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#52 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:19 AM

The current e-sword is 32-bit build and they need it 64-bit build compatible for Windows 10.

SO it is an E-sword issue which they need to FIX!

All of my 32-bit programs work just fine with Windows 10, including e-Sword.

Hi Richard,

I agree with what Journey said in his reply to you.

To add further to what Journey said in his reply to you, Windows 10 for PC and Surface Pro 2 and 3 is completely capable to handle 32 Bit built software. Both Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 compiles programs to work on both 32 Bit and 64 Bit CPUs. And most other programming IDEs (Integrated Development Environments) will compile programs to work on both 32 and 64 Bit platforms.

I run e-Sword without any issues on my PC which is a 64 Bit based machine using Windows 10.

Having said that, I think you need to actually outline the problem you are actually having with e-Sword so that we are more able to helping you to resolve it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#53 smoak99

smoak99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

It sounds like you might need to try and find upgraded graphics card drivers that are also compatible with Windows 10. Be careful with this and make sure before you try an install.

I erroneously thought that Windows 10 came with the correct drivers. I followed your advice and downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card and that did indeed fix the problem. I set a System Restore point before upgrading. Thank you for your reply.

#54 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:36 AM

I am *still* experiencing nothing but complete joy and success running e-Sword on Win-10. And I use it every day. It's working 100% as it always did on 7, Vista, and even on XP. I Haven't seen *anything* out of the ordinary from day one until now with 10 or any older version of Windoze.

Just my two one-hundredths of a Federal Reserve Note's worth.

#55 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

I am *still* experiencing nothing but complete joy and success running e-Sword on Win-10. And I use it every day. It's working 100% as it always did on 7, Vista, and even on XP. I Haven't seen *anything* out of the ordinary from day one until now with 10 or any older version of Windoze.

Just my two one-hundredths of a Federal Reserve Note's worth.

Likewise, I've had no issues with running e-Sword on Windows 10. Moreover, I've had no issues with e-Sword at all for quite a considerable amount of time, as in, ever since the days of MS Access database system was ditched, and when we switched to the SQLite system.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#56 Catalin NASTAC

Catalin NASTAC

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

Having the same startup logo frozen on screen for few months now. Unable to start it anymore. Tried many uninstall, cleanup registry, install & run as admin etc. I have Visual Studio 2015 installed on my machine (cause I am a developper). Don't think that this affects in any way (a resource / dll replaced by it? With the GAC it should not have this kind of problem...). Maybe I will try to install a clean virtual machine to test it there.

#57 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

Have you tried re-downloading the installer? Just in case the one you have may have somehow been corrupted?

#58 chuatc

chuatc

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

Having the same startup logo frozen on screen for few months now. Unable to start it anymore. Tried many uninstall, cleanup registry, install & run as admin etc. I have Visual Studio 2015 installed on my machine (cause I am a developper). Don't think that this affects in any way (a resource / dll replaced by it? With the GAC it should not have this kind of problem...). Maybe I will try to install a clean virtual machine to test it there.

I have exactly same issue like what you described. I am running Window 10 64 bit.

#59 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:18 AM

The only issue that I have is that some of my self-made/edited GREEK Bible modules are not longer searchable in windows 10 while they were searchable in Windows 7.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#60 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have exactly same issue like what you described. I am running Window 10 64 bit.

Consider the following:

• RAM
  • Hardware issues
  • Number of resources you're getting e-Sword to load
  • Ability of CPU to handle Data
  • Age of machine and etc.
  • What has changed from when it was running OK to when the problem began. And I think this is where the core issue really lies.

And from that basis you will find your answer.

Now, I realize that these may not come into play. That said, the one criterium that is common, is something has changed, of which you know but may not be aware of.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 22 March 2016 - 01:58 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users