Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 10?

69 replies to this topic

#41 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

e-Sword ran ok for me.

But one point to note. OneDrive does not sync files in the same way as W8.1 OneDrive, where you have 'placeholders' with the details, and could choose to have files offline to work with, or only online, on a file-by-file basis. Now with W10 you can only sync whole folders and there are no placeholders to show available online files. It is a disaster for some users that would like to sync mobile devices and have limited space. See here http://onedrive.user...ly-for-onedrive

Jon

Hi Jon,

Try either or both (Google) Drive or Dropbox, and see if you get the same results, or if you are able to sync files in them.

I use Dropbox, and I don't seem to have those kind of issues you describe.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#42 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:10 AM

Hi Jon,

Try either or both (Google) Drive or Dropbox, and see if you get the same results, or if you are able to sync files in them.

I use Dropbox, and I don't seem to have those kind of issues you describe.

Blessings,

Stephen your response is appreciated. However I don't want to use Drive or Dropbox.

There is an article that explains in more detail what MS changed, and this is what I wanted to bring to the attention of anyone here that is interested. http://winsupersite....rive-windows-10

#43 jgv

jgv

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:56 AM

I need some help, please. Since switching to Window 10 I am unable to open e-Sword. While the program is opening, I get this message: "Error encountered opening Bible file: C:\Program Files(x86\e-Sword\gnt-v.bblx)". I uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, but it remains the same. Any ideas? Gerhard

Edited by jgv, 21 September 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#44 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

I need some help, please. Since switching to Window 10 I am unable to open e-Sword. While the program is opening, I get this message: "Error encountered opening Bible file: C:\Program Files(x86\e-Sword\gnt-v.bblx)". I uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed, but it remains the same. Any ideas? Gerhard

GNT-V.bblx is the Bible module Greek New Testament w/ variants

Can you delete the the file C:\Program Files(x86\e-Sword\gnt-v.bblx

And download it later.

If the file is invisible or a shadow copy use then

http://sqlitebrowser.org/

SQLite Version 3.8.10.2

Browse and delete the invisible gnt-v.bblx with file tab and open database.

And select all files instead of Sqlite database files

Edited by Katoog, 21 September 2015 - 11:19 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#45 Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

I upgraded to Windows 10 PRO 64 bit as well and see e-Sword ver 10.4 slow on opening and sometimes slow in the modules.  I deselected all resources save for a few Bibles, closed and restarted and the opening is just as slow.  So i checked all resources enabled again and the issue was neither slower or faster on startup.

I am running a water cooled Intel 920 on an Asus Extreme MB, 24 gigs of ram, solid state HD and AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Cards (2) in this system.  I also run Logos Gold Edition with over 5000 books.  I understand the platform is different, but it opens very quickly. I use SwordSearcher and it opens very fast.  It just seems that e-Sword is a bit slow.  

One thing different since Windows 10 is that my profile was changed.  I may have to research that issue a bit to see if it is the problem.  Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents to see what folks think.

Thanks!!

#46 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:10 AM

Old age is certainly creeping up on me. I cannot seem to find how to post a NEW message so will reply to this one. Subject should probably be "Suggestion".

I hope this is not perceived as a crittical post. It is about something I suspect Bro. Rick (or whomever is responsible and can do so) would want to correct. Clicking Bible > Information while reading from the HCSB reveals the following from the first line of the next-to-the-last paragraph:

"Scripture quotations marked HCSB *are* been taken trom the..." (Emphasis mine.)

God bless one and all!

Edited by EarlMelton, 17 October 2015 - 09:10 AM.

#47 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

Old age is certainly creeping up on me. I cannot seem to find how to post a NEW message so will reply to this one. Subject should probably be "Suggestion".

I hope this is not perceived as a crittical post. It is about something I suspect Bro. Rick (or whomever is responsible and can do so) would want to correct. Clicking Bible > Information while reading from the HCSB reveals the following from the first line of the next-to-the-last paragraph:

"Scripture quotations marked HCSB *are* been taken trom the..." (Emphasis mine.)

God bless one and all!

The Holman Christian Standard BibleĀ® for e-Sword is a premium module available through estudysource.com.  They are the ones who can correct the problem.  I doubt that they will think it critical enough to do anything about unless and until they feel the need to issue a new updated version.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#48 markos2

markos2

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

I have been running Windows 10 from its inception. I have used e-sword without any problem until yesterday.

I found that after downloading Larkins graphics I could read the text in a side column but the graphics, drawings were not there.

Anyone seens this?

Thanks.

#49 markos2

markos2

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:36 AM

Okay, I got it now. I deleted the larkin file and download the book on Dispensational Truth from this website and it works. I thought I had to use the graphic viewer but I find it is visible now in the reference library.

Now I will go and download the maps which I also deleted and had previously downloaded from the download tool within e-sword.

I'll give myself a pat on the back and thank these people here for their work.

M

#50 Richard Cruz

Richard Cruz

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

The current e-sword is 32-bit build and they need it 64-bit build compatible for Windows 10.

SO it is an E-sword issue which they need to FIX!....

UPDATE!!!!

you have to go into the    WIndows Registry and delete this file..than restart esword..

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\e-Sword

Edited by Richard Cruz, 25 October 2015 - 10:49 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users