Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 10?

69 replies to this topic

#1 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

I haven't decided whether or not to upgrade to Windows 10. One of my main concerns is will e-Sword work on it. Many around the world have been using previews of Windows 10 for quite some time, and I was wondering if anyone has tried e-Sword on it.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

I haven't decided whether or not to upgrade to Windows 10. One of my main concerns is will e-Sword work on it. Many around the world have been using previews of Windows 10 for quite some time, and I was wondering if anyone has tried e-Sword on it.

Yes it will. Windows 10 is compatible for 32 bit software, and so you should not encounter any problems with e-Sword. Moreover, Microsoft is also putting out a 32 bit edition of Windows 10. Click here for more information.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

Yes it will. Windows 10 is compatible for 32 bit software, and so you should not encounter any problems with e-Sword. Moreover, Microsoft is also putting out a 32 bit edition of Windows 10. Click here for more information.

Blessings,

Thanks sincerely for the information and the link. I still have some time to decide what to do.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

Just a word of caution: we don't know that e-Sword runs properly under Windows 10 until someone tries it and reports in. For other software I've used, the reports vary quite a bit. Some software runs perfectly. Others run but freeze or glitch in some way. Some software runs but some features do not work. 

It's more likely than not that e-Sword will run fine on Windows 10. But it's just speculation now. If e-Sword did need tweaking to run properly under Windows 10, I'm sure those changes will be made. 

#5 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

Just a word of caution: we don't know that e-Sword runs properly under Windows 10 until someone tries it and reports in. For other software I've used, the reports vary quite a bit. Some software runs perfectly. Others run but freeze or glitch in some way. Some software runs but some features do not work. 

It's more likely than not that e-Sword will run fine on Windows 10. But it's just speculation now. If e-Sword did need tweaking to run properly under Windows 10, I'm sure those changes will be made. 

Thanks for the information. The free upgrade to Windows 10 is in effect for one year after the release, July 29, 2015. I will wait at least a few months before making my mind up what to do.

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

Regarding Windows 10 being free, skip to the "Reasons #" part of the article: http://www.forbes.co...-has-high-cost/

Looks like, Windows 10 rolls into "Windows", a pay by the month or year service instead of an OS you own.

#7 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:41 AM

Regarding Windows 10 being free, skip to the "Reasons #" part of the article: http://www.forbes.co...-has-high-cost/

Looks like, Windows 10 rolls into "Windows", a pay by the month or year service instead of an OS you own.

That is the opposite of the impression I got from reading the article which is, admittedly, a bit confusing as it attempts to correct Micro-Squish's own confusing language.

The quote from Terry Myerson Microsoft’s Executive Vice President of Operating Systems. seems to solve the confusion, but as the author of the Forbes article suggests it could be stated more clearly.

http://www.forbes.co...t-happens-next/

Perhaps the best effort we have had from an official company spokesperson so far is in a blog post by Terry Myerson, Microsoft’s Executive Vice President of Operating Systems. In it he states:

“We announced that a free upgrade for Windows 10 will be made available to customers running Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 who upgrade in the first year after launch. This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no cost.”

That’s ok, but it’s verbose and buried in a blog. So may I suggest to Microsoft it simply put this direction on the Windows 10 front page itself:

‘Upgrade to Windows 10 within the first year and it is yours free, forever. No subscriptions, no additional costs.’

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#8 sbu

sbu

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:49 AM

E-Sword runs properly in Windows 10. I haven't tested all the modules in e-Sword, but from my experience it is all good. There is one problem though, the font on e-Sword seems to be fuzzy.

#9 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

I think the phrase "Windows 10 may be the last version of Windows" is the key.

Windows 10 is out, it will be updated and improved for the current lifecycle of PC's (ending October 14, 2025 all according to Microsoft)

The next OS product in a year or 2 will likely be just "Windows". A subscription based OS that will be changed and updated for the rest of the company's existence, all of which will be available to paid subscribers.

#10 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:49 AM

its like when the car insurance people say new car replacement but you never really get a new car unless you total it within a year you get a car of the same year or one year better if you total a 2015 you get a 2015 replacement but if you  total a 2010 you get a 2010 replacement

Its all in the wording windows 10 is free but if windows 10 seamlessly  upgrades to windows then it is no more windows 10 and then  you have to pay

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users