Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 10?

69 replies to this topic

#21 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

This is the first I've ever heard of anyone experiencing anything like this. I don't think that Windows would have the capability to downgrade the version of e-Sword. Try this in installing the new version of e-Sword: right click the downloaded install file and choose "Run as Administrator". Let us know if this doesn't work.

Wow!  That worked.  Thanks very much - I would have never thought of doing it that way.

#22 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:00 PM

I have had a slight problem with e-Sword on Windows 10. In the Bible window, when I change Bible versions, the text does not render properly. I have some words from the previous version that remain, mixed in with words from the current verse. To fix this, I simply scroll down the page and back to the verse and the text is rendered properly. I have corresponded with Rick Meyers ad he made some suggestions that I implemented but the problem still exists. I can live with it. I have Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I upgraded from Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Before upgrading I did not have this problem. Perhaps an upgrade or update in the future will fix this.

It sounds like you might need to try and find upgraded graphics card drivers that are also compatible with Windows 10. Be careful with this and make sure before you try an install.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#23 jairom70

jairom70

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

I cant get esword 10.4  to work on my windows 10. Notthing ive done has worked. Ive uninstalled all versions, resintalled, ive used "Run as Admisnitrator" Ive changed the directory. Notthing. I just starts up and freezes, it immediately shows up as Not Responding in Task Manager. I'm now trying to find older versions of e-sword to try and install

#24 bjgrick

bjgrick

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

I installed e-Sword tonight on Windows 10.4 and it is working REALLY well. When I was on Windows 7, e-Sword ran very, VERY slow. Now, it is back to running fast again!

:-D

#25 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

I cant get esword 10.4  to work on my windows 10. Notthing ive done has worked. Ive uninstalled all versions, resintalled, ive used "Run as Admisnitrator" Ive changed the directory. Notthing. I just starts up and freezes, it immediately shows up as Not Responding in Task Manager. I'm now trying to find older versions of e-sword to try and install

Maybe your install file is corrupt. Download the latest e-Sword again and install it as administrator. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first with this problem.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#26 jairom70

jairom70

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:59 PM

Ive installed as administrator as well. Nothing. I was able to get my hands on a 9x version and it booted up perfectly but I am unable to install any modules on it.

#27 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Did you allow a minute or two for it to be sure it was fully loaded?  In 10 I've noticed if a program is not fully loaded it will be listed as not responding.  Also if you have any Microsoft programs running like Outlook, Word, Exel, Edge etc. be sure to close them all before trying to open E-sword.

I have an old personal email manager program that has interaction with E-sword and Microsoft programs - if I have any MS programs open I have trouble with the PIM and once in a while with W-sword.

#28 jairom70

jairom70

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Yes ive allowed a minute or two for it to load/startup.  I tried closing any MS programs that were running. Ive tried disabling my antivirus/firewall.  Like i mentioned earlier, e-sword 9.5 installed flawlessly but I cant download any of the modules. Ive tried version 10.2 and it wont startup. I havent been able to find any other 10x versions. Ive downloaded 10.4 multiple times in case my download was corrupted. Nothing Ive done so far seems to be working. Anyone have any other ideas?

#29 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:43 AM

FWIW,I now have Win-10 on my desktop and e-Sword is working as flawlessly as it ever did on Win-7.

#30 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

I just now read the post from jairom70 above mine and have a suggestion I hope will help. Don't believe it can possibly hurt to try. Download Revo Uninstaller and run it to *completely* remove the old installation/s. Then try reinstalling the latest 10.4 and see what happens. Admittedly, I have not read all the prior posts in this thread and apologize if someone else has alaready suggested this. Revo Uninstaller has saved my hindside on more than one occasion.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users