Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 10?

69 replies to this topic

#11 98centsshort

98centsshort

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:53 AM

I emailed Rick Meyers and he told me that e-Sword is completely compatible with Windows 10. I've been using it and have experienced it to be exactly what it was on Windows 8, with the HUGE added benefit of scrolling only happening where your mouse is resting!

#12 Hosae Lee

Hosae Lee

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

After the upgrade to Windows 10, I am having trouble creating a new topic note, journal note, and study note. Everything works including opening all my notes from backup. I get error messages just saying encountered error. I tried all the options given in the setup program - Modify, Repair, and Remove (and fresh install), but none works. Could anyone please help. Thank you.

#13 Teetop

Teetop

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMedford, OR., 97501

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:25 AM

I've not found any problems with E-Sword and Windows 10 yet.

Though on my lab-top it tends to freeze at times. Problly my computor itself is the problem.

Spell check does'nt work though.

#14 diazma49

diazma49

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

There are a couple of problems that i found, one is that I am not able to create a new topic and in my prayer tool, I am not able to update. Maybe it will correct when Microsoft makes an upgrade

#15 Bob Davis

Bob Davis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

There are a couple of problems that i found, one is that I am not able to create a new topic and in my prayer tool, I am not able to update. Maybe it will correct when Microsoft makes an upgrade

I'm also having problems saving study notes, topic, notes after upgrading to windows 10 on my desktop but everything works fine on my laptop.  The laptop is a clean install of windows 10 with a new installation of Esword.

#16 only2goats

only2goats

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAurora, IN

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

I have been unable to install eSword version 10.4 since the Windows 10 update (7/29).  I previously had Windows 8.1.  What's puzzling to me is that I am 99.9% certain that I had updated eSword to 10.4 months ago when I was still running Windows 8.1.  Now after upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that my eSword is now version 10.2.1.  Could it be that Windows arbitrarily downgraded my eSword app as a part of the upgrade to Windows 10?  I have tried to install eSword 10.4 twice since the Windows 10 update, but the installation fails to complete. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

#17 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

I have been unable to install eSword version 10.4 since the Windows 10 update (7/29).  I previously had Windows 8.1.  What's puzzling to me is that I am 99.9% certain that I had updated eSword to 10.4 months ago when I was still running Windows 8.1.  Now after upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that my eSword is now version 10.2.1.  Could it be that Windows arbitrarily downgraded my eSword app as a part of the upgrade to Windows 10?  I have tried to install eSword 10.4 twice since the Windows 10 update, but the installation fails to complete. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This is the first I've ever heard of anyone experiencing anything like this. I don't think that Windows would have the capability to downgrade the version of e-Sword. Try this in installing the new version of e-Sword: right click the downloaded install file and choose "Run as Administrator". Let us know if this doesn't work.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#18 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Couple months back I was working on installing something on esword and was informed I needed to upgrade to the 10.4 - This was on two computers.  I had already done this months earlier - I have no idea what caused it but thought I was just getting very forgetful - maybe not so much.

Just found out I can't post from Edge on 10 here at the board???  Try it tomorrow on my main rig.

#19 Ágúst Valgarð Ólafsson

Ágúst Valgarð Ólafsson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIceland

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

Hello all,

I've upgraded to Windows 10 ca. 3 weeks ago - went very smoothly. E-sword works great. Overall - a very good experience so far. My x240 laptop is a bit faster in general, wifi, sleep mode and all programs run smoothly and fast.

#20 smoak99

smoak99

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

I have had a slight problem with e-Sword on Windows 10. In the Bible window, when I change Bible versions, the text does not render properly. I have some words from the previous version that remain, mixed in with words from the current verse. To fix this, I simply scroll down the page and back to the verse and the text is rendered properly. I have corresponded with Rick Meyers ad he made some suggestions that I implemented but the problem still exists. I can live with it. I have Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I upgraded from Windows 7 pro 64 bit. Before upgrading I did not have this problem. Perhaps an upgrade or update in the future will fix this.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users