Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with www.biblesupport.com on iPad

10 replies to this topic

#1 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

I can only access the website using my PC. Since yesterday, when trying to access the website on my iPad, it gets re-routed half a dozen times and ends up on spaces.slimspots.com. I have an Air 2 using ios 8. My husband tried going to the website via Safari on his iPad3 and gets the same weird behavior. Can anyone confirm this or is it just us? Note: it does not happen with any other websites. Also, the page does load and then automatically switches to another page.

Edited by Jogirl, 15 June 2015 - 02:04 PM.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:28 PM

Hi

the same here. I am using my android tablet. It was like that for 2 days. It is finally working.
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

A serious suggestion ... I genuinely recommend that  you ditch your iPad and get yourself a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, install Firefox on it, and set it to Request Desktop Site. This works all the time for me on my tablet.

Now I know its not iOS, and that its Android, however, it beats iOS devices all the time, and Samsung stand by their products.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 15 June 2015 - 03:38 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:41 AM

A serious suggestion ... I genuinely recommend that  you ditch your iPad and get yourself a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, install Firefox on it, and set it to Request Desktop Site. This works all the time for me on my tablet.

Now I know its not iOS, and that its Android, however, it beats iOS devices all the time, and Samsung stand by their products.

Blessings,

My honest answer to your kind suggestion to "ditch" my iPad is I have absolutely no reason to take such drastic action and am completely satisfied with my user experiences over the years.  I use e-swordHD and Goodreader apps all the time and love, love, love them!  The website glitch was a first for me and it was due to the website software being older and needing updating.  Not my problem at all. 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

The website glitch was a first for me and it was due to the website software being older and needing updating.  Not my problem at all. 

This is something I actually have never experienced on both my PC and my Tablet. Before responding to your post, I went online on my Tablet (as I was already online on my PC and on BibleSupport), and tested this website without any issues at all. It worked really fine. And because of that, the only thing I could think of that it really came down to a Browser issue, and not an issue with the site itself.

As I mentioned in my last response, I use Firefox as my Default browser on both PC and Tablet, and on my Tablet I have Firefox to load any website just as how Firefox for PC loads it and had no issues with it. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I also tested it on (and I really hate this one) IE (Internet Explorer) on  my PC without any issues, and also On Google Chrome on my Tablet. However, unlike Firefox on my Tablet, Google Chrome does not and cannot load the website as a Desktop Site, and so it came out distorted. And so with that, I really think it comes down to limitations of the Browser(s) one uses. And therefore it was for this reason I made that recommendation to ditch your iPad.

As a Software developer of sorts (that has to be good :lol: ) I test stuff to make sure that it does what it claims it can do, and then to see if I can "break" it (take it to its extreme), and more importantly, to see how well it performs. This also goes with Web Browsers.

When it comes to Web Browser Software for Mobile devices, one will never get and have the same experience as working from a Desktop machine as web pages do not load the same if they have not been designed and developed for mobile devices, simply because the Web Browser for Mobile devices have not been designed for that end; hence that drastic recommendation to my previous reply to your post.

So, with all of that said, done and dusted, I trust that things are actually working well for you on your iPad.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

PS The one thing you will notice, This website is not designed for Mobile Devices, and as such you will experience difficulties of loading it.

Edited by APsit190, 16 June 2015 - 04:21 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

Just FYI: There was a problem with this website for a short time until I saw this post. It only affected mobile devices. I was able to replicate on my iPad and Droid phone. It's now resolved.

#7 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

This is something I actually have never experienced on both my PC and my Tablet. Before responding to your post, I went online on my Tablet (as I was already online on my PC and on BibleSupport), and tested this website without any issues at all. It worked really fine. And because of that, the only thing I could think of that it really came down to a Browser issue, and not an issue with the site itself.

As I mentioned in my last response, I use Firefox as my Default browser on both PC and Tablet, and on my Tablet I have Firefox to load any website just as how Firefox for PC loads it and had no issues with it. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I also tested it on (and I really hate this one) IE (Internet Explorer) on  my PC without any issues, and also On Google Chrome on my Tablet. However, unlike Firefox on my Tablet, Google Chrome does not and cannot load the website as a Desktop Site, and so it came out distorted. And so with that, I really think it comes down to limitations of the Browser(s) one uses. And therefore it was for this reason I made that recommendation to ditch your iPad.

As a Software developer of sorts (that has to be good :lol: ) I test stuff to make sure that it does what it claims it can do, and then to see if I can "break" it (take it to its extreme), and more importantly, to see how well it performs. This also goes with Web Browsers.

When it comes to Web Browser Software for Mobile devices, one will never get and have the same experience as working from a Desktop machine as web pages do not load the same if they have not been designed and developed for mobile devices, simply because the Web Browser for Mobile devices have not been designed for that end; hence that drastic recommendation to my previous reply to your post.

So, with all of that said, done and dusted, I trust that things are actually working well for you on your iPad.

Blessings,

PS The one thing you will notice, This website is not designed for Mobile Devices, and as such you will experience difficulties of loading it.

No difficulties loading it on the iPad, at all. Much better than the desktop PC and laptop in terms of speed even with SSD drive. Love the iPad-super fast!! Website glitch was, again, not my iPad but the website itself. That info. came to me via messaging from the administrator not by my own derivation.

#8 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, Josh!!

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hi Josh, 

(From a Samsung Android Galaxy tab 4 pro tablet)

This is strange. Using Chrome or the Samsung browser with this site, there is a link at the bottom left of the page "Use Mobile Version". When I tap it, I get some sites flash by and landing on wifi(dot)prizefun(dot)co(dot)uk (I don't advise anyone go there). 

Attached File  tempFileForShare.jpg   86.21K   2 downloads

Attached File  tempFileForShare 1.jpg   29.81K   2 downloads

More sites I did not get ss of.

then finally to wifi(dot)prizefun(dot)co(dot)uk

disabling cookies "solves" the issue, so they are playing a part in this.

Jon

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for that report. I think I have this fixed as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users