Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Macro for Word and New Translations Added

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

I am only guessing, but the 3 files could have been placed in the VirtualStore folder. Try a search for Virtualstore, and see if your files are there.

Jon

Hey Jon,

great news, there isn't that kind of issue with Windows 8, 8.1, or with Windows 10. Files go where you direct them to go, and no where else.  No such thing as "virtual store." Remember, July 29 is roll out day for Windows 10, and a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. For XP users, sorry you dip out.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

Hey Jon,

great news, there isn't that kind of issue with Windows 8, 8.1, or with Windows 10. Files go where you direct them to go, and no where else.  No such thing as "virtual store." Remember, July 29 is roll out day for Windows 10, and a free upgrade for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. For XP users, sorry you dip out.

Blessings,

Virtualstore is still there in W10 preview and W8.1, it is just in a "hidden" folder.

Attached File  VStore.jpg   59.82K   14 downloads

#13 Mark Hauschild

Mark Hauschild

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

Actually, I am on Windows 10 and this was still a problem for me.  Here is my configuration:

Microsoft Windows 10 [Version 10.0.10240]

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus [Version: 15.0.4753.1003]

e-Sword [Version: 10.4.0]

e-Sword Macros for Word 2013 [Version: 10.4.0]

And here is the "Virtualstore" in which I found my downloaded translations of the Bible (as well as other downloads such as commentaries, etc):

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

I copied the *.bblx files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

I closed out of Word and re-opened it, and VOILA!!!

I suspect this will work with Windows 8.x upward, possibly as early as Windows 7.  If you are having problems with the e-Sword Macros give this a try.

#14 Paul Messenger

Paul Messenger

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

Actually, I am on Windows 10 and this was still a problem for me.  Here is my configuration:

Microsoft Windows 10 [Version 10.0.10240]

Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus [Version: 15.0.4753.1003]

e-Sword [Version: 10.4.0]

e-Sword Macros for Word 2013 [Version: 10.4.0]

And here is the "Virtualstore" in which I found my downloaded translations of the Bible (as well as other downloads such as commentaries, etc):

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

I copied the *.bblx files to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

I closed out of Word and re-opened it, and VOILA!!!

I suspect this will work with Windows 8.x upward, possibly as early as Windows 7.  If you are having problems with the e-Sword Macros give this a try.

The *.bblx files for Bibles I have installed all show up in Program Files (x86)e-Sword, but in Word are not listed under 'select eSword Bible translation', so I'm left with just the default KJV.

Can anyone help?  I'm not as computer literate as some of you guys obviously are.

I have Windows 10 and Word 2010

Edited by Paul Messenger, 15 November 2015 - 09:41 AM.

#15 Rexite

Rexite

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I did not know that VirtualStore folder existed in my system, but a search has enabled me to copy my favorite translation to the e-sword folder in the application folder and that up listed my favorite in the MS macro. A long-standing problem solved. Thank you for sharing the thought.

#16 Rexite

Rexite

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:20 PM

Thank you all for your replies to this concern. After so many years, I still find trouble locating my files and read and re-read through the post. Very helpful. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users