Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Macro for Word and New Translations Added

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

I have recently added three versions to e-Sword, one of them being NKJV from eStudySource, Inc., and two Indonesian versions. I cannot get these versions to show up in the SELECT BIBLE TRANSLATION menu. I have shut down and re-opened both Word and e-Sword. Is there some trick to getting the versions to show up so they can be selected, and then pasted into Word?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

I have recently added three versions to e-Sword, one of them being NKJV from eStudySource, Inc., and two Indonesian versions. I cannot get these versions to show up in the SELECT BIBLE TRANSLATION menu. I have shut down and re-opened both Word and e-Sword. Is there some trick to getting the versions to show up so they can be selected, and then pasted into Word?

Did you install them correctly?

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

Did you install them correctly?

Yep I think he did. If one uses the Installation Wizard that comes with resource to install it, and it installs in the default e-Sword foldler, then its obvious that the installation was correct.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Yes, they installed just fine. I am able to use the three Bibles within e-Sword, just have not been able to use the new versions in the Word Macro. I have restarted the computer and no difference. Was considering re-installing the Macro, but have not done that yet.

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

Hi

are you saying there not on the list when you click on the select esword bible translation macro within word

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:45 PM

Hi

are you saying there not on the list when you click on the select esword bible translation macro within word

Yes. That is my problem.

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

Yes. That is my problem.

sorry I just re read the post and realized you answered my question in the first post

this is very odd to me as I do not remember hearing of this happening before

do your other e-Sword macros work 

If all the e-Sword macros do not work did you recently update e-Sword but not your macros

if all else fails there is Hot Key

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#8 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

I've just discovered that the files for the 3 versions I recently added are not showing in the e-Sword folder. I suppose that is the reason they are not in the Word Macro. I am able to use them in e-Sword. I guess that means they are hidden for some reason. I do not know what to do about that.

#9 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

I am only guessing, but the 3 files could have been placed in the VirtualStore folder. Try a search for Virtualstore, and see if your files are there.

Jon

#10 lemmonsaid

lemmonsaid

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBenton, KY

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

I am only guessing, but the 3 files could have been placed in the VirtualStore folder. Try a search for Virtualstore, and see if your files are there.

Jon

Jon,

Thanks a million! I searched as you suggested, moved, and now all is well. Word Macro is working now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users