Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Windows Surface and Kindle Fire

9 replies to this topic

#1 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

I have e Sword on my PC and Laptop.

I tried to download e Sword onto my Windows Surface and it wouldn't download. I havent tried to put it onto the Kindle Fire yet.

Can anyone advise me on these two items.

Many Thanks. 

Jeanc

#2 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Jeanc....

Here's how I think it woks....the e-Sword Program WILL download to the Windows Surface PRO....but will not download to the Windows Surface RT.

As for the Kindle Fire.....I think you have to get the "My Sword" program loaded to the Kindle Fire.....then you can download the "My Sword" modules to it...that we have here at  biblesupport.com. I'm sure there are others here who will be able to fill in and refine what little I have been able to tell you. 

Dartmaster644

#3 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Dartmaster, thanks for your reply. Its a windows surface RT that I have.   I tried several times to download e sword and it wouldnt download  . I thought perhaps I needed to download for an android.  (Do you know WHY it wont download to the RT.. Is there anything I could change in RT to help the situation)???

So to the kindle fire.   You think I can download  the programme and then select some of the modules....????

hhhmmm.   I will have a look at that idea.

Thank you.

JEANC

Jeanc

#4 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:19 PM

For the fire   mysword.info   for the app.  You can download some modules from inside the app and others here.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

Do you know WHY it wont download to the RT.. Is there anything I could change in RT to help the situation???

Hi Jean,

Windows RT is different from Windows PC,mostly because it uses a totally different program execution format, as where Surface Pro is compatible with the PC format of Windows.

Just some news on this which may be able to help you. July 29th Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 for PC, and this version of Windows is compatible with all Microsoft devices, which are:

• PC (including Laptops)
  • Surface Tablets,
  • Smartphones
  • XBox

If you're a gamer, you will be able to install and run XBox on your PC as well. So, this information may come in handy for you.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 11 June 2015 - 06:38 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for your info AP.  I will look at Windows 10. I dont do games. But if !0 in FREE.?  i might go for it.

But it probably isnt free..  :wub:

Someone has mentioned mysword. will that go into the Surface RT. or the Kindle?

all the techie stuff listed for these machines doesnt do my head any good.  I dont remember

what is meant for what piece of equipment.

Thank you for all the help I am receiving.

Jeanc

#7 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

Mysword works with the Kindle fire (or any android unit).

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for your info AP.  I will look at Windows 10. I dont do games. But if !0 in FREE.?  i might go for it.

But it probably isnt free..  :wub:

Hi Jean, and to whomever else this may apply to,

If you have Windows 7,  8, and 8.1 for PC, the upgrade is free. With regards to Surface Pro and RT, I don't know, but others here may be able to help you on this one.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 on your PC and/or laptop, in order to qualify for your free Windows 10 upgrade you need to install the KB3035583 update. This will place a Windows 10 on your System Tray on your taskbar, and when July 29 comes around, just click on it to upgrade to Windows 10. If you have Windows 8.1, then you should already have the KB3035583 update automatically installed on your machine with a cute Windows logo on your System Tray.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

You can open the windows icon in the task bar and reserve your copy.  The free offer is for the first year and nothing I've read says what it will be in year teo ans further on.

I am hoping they will issue an iso so we don't have to go through the 3 gig download multiple times.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

I am hoping they will issue an iso so we don't have to go through the 3 gig download multiple times.

Yep there will be. Click here for information about it. And the best part of it is there is the option of doing a clean install if one wishes to do so rather than merely upgrading.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

P.S. For you Programmers and Developers, I seriously recommend you join Code Project as there you will receive all the latest information, news, and support for any programming problems you may have.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users