Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

copy entire editors notes to word or similar

4 replies to this topic

#1 Pollock

Pollock

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:35 AM

Hi, Is it possible to copy my study notes and paste them into another program like word. I know I can do it verse by verse, but this will take a long time.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ray

#2 Pollock

Pollock

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

Maybe I didn't make that clear, so can I choose an entire chapter of study notes, copy and paste them into a word doc? I have seen that I can export, but this is verse by verse and would take a long time to do several chapters or for that matter an entire book.

Thanks again

#3 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Maybe I didn't make that clear, so can I choose an entire chapter of study notes, copy and paste them into a word doc? I have seen that I can export, but this is verse by verse and would take a long time to do several chapters or for that matter an entire book.

Thanks again

You should download the esword module creation tool called esword tooltip from this website. Once you have downloaded and installed, you can open your note files in it and then save them as rtf files which can opened in MS Word. 

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

Thanks again

Hi Ray,

I don't know if I'm late in the day to reply and respond to your query, however I think this is something that needs to be looked into in greater detail.

Tj Higgins talked about T4

You should download the esword module creation tool called esword tooltip from this website. Once you have downloaded and installed, you can open your note files in it and then save them as rtf files which can opened in MS Word. 

He mentioned that one can, in T4, save it as an rtf (Rich Text Format) file, which can be opened in Word.

Having mentioned this, there is more that one can do with T4 than just that, and I think this really bears worth mentioning. T4, as Brent Hilderbrand states, it is a Word Processor. It is fully compatiple to MS Word, and actually has a far greater functionality than Word. You can really do a lot of your work in this tool for creating e-Sword resources. But it even goes further than e-Sword. Below is a list of file formats you can save your work in:

• rtf (Rich Text Format)
  • txt (Plain text)
  • doc (MS Word 97 - 2003)
  • doc (MS Wordpad)
  • HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
  • PDF (Adobe Reader format)
  • Text Control (Has controlled characters i.e., bold, italic, etc)

I trust this information may prove helpful to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 07 June 2015 - 05:19 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Pollock

Pollock

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

THanks guys for your help.

Regards

Ray

Reply to this topic