Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Navigator's Topical Memory System

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:31 PM

Since Stephen wrote a post about the Scripture Memory Component of e-Sword, and I alluded to several resources for that component in my response to him, I figured a post about the Navigator's Topical Memory System would be appropriate.

• The categories used in the Navigator's Scripture Memory Verse System lists do not have exact matches in the category list used by e-Sword;
  • NavPress has been fairly diligent in issuing "cease and desist notices" to individuals and organizations that distribute their various lists without permission to do so;
Maybe Rick will be able to persuade NavPress to change their mind, and release those lists in e-Sword format.

In the meantime, these five or six lists are amongst the very few lists of scripture for memorizing, whose copyright is enforced.

jonathon

#2 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

• NavPress has been fairly diligent in issuing "cease and desist notices" to individuals and organizations that distribute their various lists without permission to do so;

In the meantime, these five or six lists are amongst the very few lists of scripture for memorizing, whose copyright is enforced.

Hi Jonathon

I'm not sure I got you well. Companies are copyrighting lists of verses? Oh my! That's ludicrous! Lists of verses!

What will be next? Maybe someone will copyright the Lord's Prayer so that everybody praying it will have to pay a royalty.

Copyright laws are stupid, and the very concept of copyright is senseless.

Regards,

Carlos

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Companies are copyrighting lists of verses? Oh my! That's ludicrous! Lists of verses!

Navigator's Topical Memory System consists of more than a list of verses. It also assigns verses to a category.

Maybe someone will copyright the Lord's Prayer so that everybody praying it will have to pay a royalty.

The German Bible Society currently does that, with the Greek and Hebrew translations that they produce.

the very concept of copyright is senseless.

Part of the theory behind Copyright law, is that the content will be what it purports to be.

That the translation of the Bible you pick up really is the translation that it claims to be.

jonathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users