Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Cannot open .top files

2 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Lake

Andy Lake

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCastries, Saint Lucia, Eastern Caribbean

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:49 PM

I downloaded "Lehman Strauss:Death and Afterwards.top.exe" and "Charles Spurgeon: The Death of The Christian.top.exe" and the files are in the "C:\Users\Documents\e-Sword" folder, but I cannot access them in eSword. (See screenshot No. 1) This  may be due to my inadequate computer skills, so please bear with me.

It may be because I inadvertently associated .top files to the Module Installer and then the eSword application when running/opening the files, and compounded the error by checking the "Always open with this program" box.

I unsuccessfully used the steps below I found online to remove the associations:

1. Click the "Start" button, type "cmd", and press "Enter" while holding the "Ctrl" and "Shift" buttons. This runs the Command Prompt as an Administrator.

2. Click "Continue" in the confirmation window. If you are not currently logged in as an administrator, enter the administrator password.

3. Type "assoc .EXT=" in the Command Prompt window, replacing "EXT" with the actual file extension. Press "Enter" to remove the file association.

I read the e-Sword User's Guide, and researched forum posts, but was unable to find a solution to my problem.

However, I successfully installed "John Flavel:The Christian View of Death.top.exe" (see attached screenshot No. 2). Please also note that while the file is available in the Topic Notes window (see screenshot No. 3), it does not appear in Resource Options (see screenshot No. 4).

Other applications are located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword" folder, while the Module Installer is located in my "C:\Program Files\e-Sword Module Installer" folder.

I thank God for all of the individuals by whose selfless efforts and dedication, many users like me are able to freely access such invaluable information and deepen our relationship with our Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ, through this website.

I would be deeply grateful for your help.

Andy Lake

Attached File  No. 1 - Spurgeon & Strauss - TOP files.png   514.19K   21 downloads

Attached File  No. 2 - John Flavel - Christian View of Death.png   524.04K   23 downloads

Attached File  No. 3 - Topic Notes.png   780.67K   22 downloads

Attached File  No. 4 - Resource Options.png   748.56K   15 downloads

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:17 AM

Death and Afterwards and The Death of the Christian are for e-Sword version 8 (you need to convert first to version 9/10)

http://www.biblesupp...rd-9-converter/

Edited by Katoog, 20 May 2015 - 09:51 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Andy Lake

Andy Lake

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCastries, Saint Lucia, Eastern Caribbean

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

Katoog, the Converter worked beautifully. Thank you very much.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users