Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Chapter Notes

1 reply to this topic

#1 LynMariluch

LynMariluch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

I am new to e-Sword.  I have watched tons of videos and tutorials but I can't seem to figure out one thing.

When studying the bible I usually make an outline or notes about the chapter in general.   How can I save my study notes for the whole chapter and not just to a particular verse?

Thank you.

Edited by LynMariluch, 18 May 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

How can I save my study notes for the whole chapter and not just to a particular verse?

Thank you.

Hi Lyn,

You can't. The Study Note editor works only for a specific verse. The best way I can describe how the editors work in comparison to a hard copy of the Bible, is like a Loose-Leaf Wide Margin Bible. The wide margin bit is like a Study Note for the verse you are looking at. The loose leaf note paper in it, is like the topic Note editor in e-Sword. Use your Topic Note editor in conjunction with your Study Note editor. Below is a Screenshot of how I laid out the interface of my e-Sword so that I can interact with the resources and the editors.

e-s_All 1030.PNG

So with that, for your chapter notes, use your Topic Note editor, and for your verses, use your Study Note editor.

I hope this will give you an idea of how you can work within e-Sword, especially when it comes to using your editors.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 May 2015 - 03:02 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users