Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

E-Sword on Windows Tablet. help, please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JackMc

JackMc

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

I have a Samsung 8" Tablet with Win 8, 2 GB Ram, Atom Processor, 16 GB harddrive.

When shopping for a tablet, I chose Windows because I didn't know E-Sword (MySword) ran on Android, and I wanted the mobility of a tab with E-Sword on it. Really!

When I put E-Sword and some of my reference tools on it, it wouldn't run. It just locked up. So I reset the Tablet and reinstalled almost everything (tried to lighten it up) except E-Sword.

I read the manual about using some files on external usb drive, like my libraries. Will this help?

I don't care about the warranty, so I'm willing to go to Linux and Wine to get E-Sword to run on it.

E-Sword means more than the tablet to me now, but I can't afford to just go buy a laptop to get this done.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I know, I know, if I wanted the power of a laptop, I shoulda' bought a laptop or coughed up the cash for a Microsoft Surface - gasp!)

I even asked Samsung if this processor would run Android-and it won't.

If you read this far, Thanks!

Jack

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

Esword and mysword are 2 seprate programs/developers.

On an atom -- not to my knowledge unless something has changed - sorry - unless some new info pops up here.

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

ACTUALLY!  I just downloaded/installed in on an hp stream 7 with atom and it seems to be working.  Possibly your unit has 8.1 RT and that is the problem ????

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

When shopping for a tablet, I chose Windows because I didn't know E-Sword (MySword) ran on Android, and I wanted the mobility of a tab with E-Sword on it. Really!

Hi Jack,

e-Sword and MySword are totally two different products and are not related to each other.

As to MySword, it is a totally Android platform application, and will run on, if not all, but just about all Android devices, the lowest being Gingerbread 2.3 going from memory.

e-Sword has not been developed for Android, and therefore will not run on it. HOWEVER (and this is a big however), this is how I run e-Sword on my Droid tablet. You're gonna love this ...

e-Sword on Tablet.jpg

It's called remote connection.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 17 April 2015 - 05:27 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users