Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword HD on IPad

2 replies to this topic

#1 jcscowtown

jcscowtown

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas, USA

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

My iPad backs up daily to iCloud. It lists E-Sword HD as one of the apps backed up daily there. Can I be sure this backup is my highlights, study notes, and topic notes? I would hate to lose the hours spent creating them. I wish HD would sync to PC, ESword LT, or somewhere but it doesn't.

#2 Marty Doggett

Marty Doggett

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:55 AM

I wish HD would sync to PC, ESword LT, or somewhere but it doesn't.

What makes you say that? If you backup your iPAD to your computer, HD gets backed up along w/it (including your customizations - highlights, notes, etc.)

Note: based on the fact that customizations are saved when backing up the iPAD to a PC (iTunes backup), it stands to reason that a cloud backup would include the customizations (in fact I believe that is all that gets backed up - the app is already "in the cloud").

If you want to verify: backup to PC, followed by a backup to iCLOUD, then wipe the device & restore (from iCLOUD). If the cloud restore fails to include your customizations, you'll have a backup on your PC that will.
Shalom

Edited by Marty Doggett, 18 April 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

HI Marty,

That is all very well for doing backups and etc., but that is as far as it goes. The issue I see here is actually syncing files for e-Sword HD to e-Sword PC. And if that is the case, then it won't work because e-Sword HD and LT, including e-Sword for Mac are incompatible for e-Sword PC. Crazy, I know, but that's the way Rick Meyers did it. Interoperability has flown out of the cuckoo's nest :lol:.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 20 April 2015 - 04:30 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users