Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Where to post converted files for Apple devices?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shane82

Shane82

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLoganville, GA

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

POPULAR

I recently purchased and began using e-Sword X.

I've been converting e-Sword modules from files that are compatible with e-Sword 10.4 (PC) to Apple compatible files (for example, converting commentaries from cmtx to cmti files).

I would like to make these files available to everyone so that others do not need to do the conversion process. However, I don't want to create new module postings separate from the posts I downloaded from.

What's the best way to make the converted files available to others?

Thanks!

#2 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

Shane,

Love that idea! I've started as well (although I don't have much at all). It would be cool if it were possible for this to happen, but the last thing we want to do is burden our bro Josh even more! But I'm 100% for it if it does happen :)

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

I recently purchased and began using e-Sword X.

I've been converting e-Sword modules from files that are compatible with e-Sword 10.4 (PC) to Apple compatible files (for example, converting commentaries from cmtx to cmti files).

I would like to make these files available to everyone so that others do not need to do the conversion process. However, I don't want to create new module postings separate from the posts I downloaded from.

What's the best way to make the converted files available to others?

Thanks!

Hey Shane, thanks for your help. How many conversions do you think you will do? The best way to get them here just depends on how many you have done or plan on doing. 

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

Hi Josh,

A really big suggestion, which I think that can really help when it comes to downloading these resources.

Due to the fact that e-Sword resources are being converted for four platforms:

1. Apple iOS
  2. OSX systems
  3. MySword Android OS system
  4. Microsoft Windows (with Windows 8x and 10x, PC and Tablet, (and possibly Xbox 1 on Windows 10)).

Rather than having these resources uploaded to their own particular section of the site, and having multiple entries for a particular resource; I would like to suggest that when the resource is uploaded, that in the upload page check boxes are created for which platform the resource is for. This way, the icon(s) of the different Operating System(s) can be placed next to the resource in the Resource Category download page. For example if one wants to download the Lexham  English Bible, have appropriate icons after the title for which platform the resource has been created for. This way, the user can click on the appropriate icon to download the resource for that particular platform. I reckon that would make life a whole heap easier.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 02 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Josh,

I started a few this weekend that I can post if anyone would like them. But I don't have time to continually do it since the process is fairly long. 

What I have done so far are:

• Interlinear WH+, Interlinear TR+, Hebrew Study Bible, Calvin's Commentary, Guzik's commentary, Spurgeon's Expositions, JFB-U, Matthew Poole's Commentray, Catena Aurea, John Trapp's Commentary, Gk2Heb dictionary of LXX words, Kitto's Popular Cylopedia, Thompson Chain Reference, Concordance to the Greek Scriptures, My Utmost for His Highest.

Not sure if that would help anybody out but the time it took to convert would have certainly helped me if people pooled together to put them somewhere. But please don't burden yourself with anything as I'm (and I'm sure others) are more than grateful for what you already do.

In His grace and love,

Tim Phaler

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

Tim,

Here's the way I'm thinking of including the Apple modules on this website. It's really a continutation of the way I was including the iPhone/iPad modules, except now it makes more sense to just call those modules "Apple".

I'm thinking of editing the original file listing for the e-Sword 9-10 PC and adding the Apple modules. That way, the user can download either the PC or Apple version from the same file listing. Obviously, I'm going to change the name of the e-Sword 9-10 (PC) categories to include Apple as well.

We would include the word (Apple) to the filename to distinguish the Apple modules from the PC. Of course, the Apple converted modules have their own extension as well.

So the Apple module filename would be: Preachers Homiletical Commentary (Apple).cmti -or- Doe, John - Soul Winning (Apple).refi

I could give you the ability to edit e-Sword Downloads and you could add each module you convert to the PC version's file listing?

#7 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:46 AM

Hey Josh,

First off forgive me for not replying earlier. I don't get much time to come on and tinker around anymore as my schedule as gotten quite crazy over the past few months. But I would certainly post the files that I have created for apple somewhere to make it easier on those who would want to download them. If you want to email me you certainly can (I'm not sure if you have my address with your administrator access or if you need me to give it to you).

I'll try to do better as far as coming on and helping but I can't make any promises!!

In His grace and love,

Tim Phaler

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

Tim,

Here's the way I'm thinking of including the Apple modules on this website. It's really a continutation of the way I was including the iPhone/iPad modules, except now it makes more sense to just call those modules "Apple".

I'm thinking of editing the original file listing for the e-Sword 9-10 PC and adding the Apple modules. That way, the user can download either the PC or Apple version from the same file listing. Obviously, I'm going to change the name of the e-Sword 9-10 (PC) categories to include Apple as well.

We would include the word (Apple) to the filename to distinguish the Apple modules from the PC. Of course, the Apple converted modules have their own extension as well.

So the Apple module filename would be: Preachers Homiletical Commentary (Apple).cmti -or- Doe, John - Soul Winning (Apple).refi

I could give you the ability to edit e-Sword Downloads and you could add each module you convert to the PC version's file listing?

Hi Josh,

To add to my previous suggestion, below is a bit of a manipulation of a sreenshot I did as an example for downloading e-Sword and MySword resources for their respective platforms.

Attached File  Bible Support Listing.png   58.3K   154 downloads

Have only one listing of the resource, but click on the respective logo to download it for that particular platform..

If this can be done, which I hope it can, I think this will really simplify finding and downloading resources one wishes to have.

So, what do ya reckon?

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 25 May 2015 - 04:29 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 Brijesh747

Brijesh747

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

Are these modules posted anywhere?

#10 K.D.JacksonEsword

K.D.JacksonEsword

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:37 PM

I know this is a bit off topic. But I was attempting to convert some modules to Apple and they are locked. Is there a way to convert these, or have someone else convert them? 

Thanks in advance for any input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users