Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword X

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:37 AM

. . . Quote from e-Sword.net:

Utility. You can download that from here: http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

STEP #4 — Transfer. The final step is to move the new module(s) onto your Mac, placing them in the app's sandbox.

STEP #5 — Restart. To load the new module(s) you will need to restart e-Sword X if it is already running. . . .

Roy

The versions made for e-Sword HD and e-Sword LT are compatible with e-Sword X (they are HTM and SQLite based)

e-Sword for PC is RTF and SQLite based . . .

Thanks gentlemen.  I still have two questions, starting with the last quote first: 1) I am not sure how to find in the download area on biblesupport.com modules that have been made specifically for the e-sword HD (iPad).  I typed "iPad" in the search field and found Ellicot's Commentaries and was able to download that and drag it into the appropriate folder hidden on the Mac, thanks to Roy's link above in this thread.  It worked just fine on e-Sword X.   Is there any way to search for only the modules that have been developed for the iPad/iPhone?  [Perhaps a separate category for these modules can be added to the download area drop menu in time, as more of these will eventually be made in time.]

2) I downloaded the e-Sword PC to Apple User Module Conversion Utility from e-sword.net as you suggested, Roy; but, I cannot find anywhere how it should be used.  I assumed it was to be downloaded to the PC version of e-Sword 10.4.  I installed it on my PC (on the Mac via VMWare); but, I could not see anywhere on any drop down menu this added utility.  Does anyone know the specifics of how you use this utility, where, etc?  For non-programmers, this process is not intuitively understood.  Thanks.  B)

Edited by acjthai, 14 April 2015 - 01:38 AM.

#22 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:02 AM

Many months ago I converted numerous e-sword modules downloaded from bible support.com for use on my iPad and iOS devices in accordance with the advice given and links provided here and elsewhere in this forum. I was able to download them easily enough on to my iPhones (5s and 6) via my MAC iTunes app. Sadly, my e-Sword LT now switches between bibles, commentaries, etc. at a snail pace, often freezing the screen and requiring me to just shut the app down and reopen it. I think the Hebrew modules (BHS, BHSEK, etc. ) downloaded from bible support.com (already in the appropriate have messed things up along with a couple of other ones (e.g. Lange Commentaries) that had error windows pop-up when converting them from the .cmtx files off the PC. Many of them are not causing me these problems.

The only way I know how to remove them from my phone is to delete the app and start from scratch, reloading everything--a very time-consuming process. My iPhone 6 is 128 GB; so memory (and RAM) is certainly not the problem. After doing this over 3 times already, I am beginning to think that it is just not worth converting these modules. So, I have three basic questions.

1) Has anyone else had these problems and resolved it with converting and using modules on iOS devices?

2) Is there a way to remove specific modules off of the iOS device after installing them, so as to not have to erase everything downloaded that works fine already?

3) Does someone plan to convert the most popular downloaded modules into the proper format(s) to be used with the MAC, iPad, and iPhone that can be made available after testing for the rest of us "non-savvy" computer users out there? Seems to make sense, as more and more people are switching from PCs to MACs these days.

Thanks, gentlemen

#23 acjthai

acjthai

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationS.E. Asia

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:45 AM

I just wiped clean and reloaded everything on to my iPhone 6 in the e_Sword LT program again. This time I loaded the BHSEK+ modules (and similar ones) last. Everything worked fine--switching through commentaries, bibles, dictionaries, etc--until I downloaded the Hebrew modules on the phone. After this, everything is going very, very slow again and freezing up. I guess the problem lies with these modules.  :(

I would still appreciate any advice, as I use my Hebrew on the fly (i.e. smartphone) often and, until the release of these modules, have only found a good BHS text with vowel pointing on the "pocket Sword" app. Pocket Sword, however, does not have all of the lexical and parsing tools that SHEBANQ has.  It would be nice to get the kinks worked out of this one. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users