Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword X

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone know any of the "Particulars" yet ? 

Dartmaster644

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

e-Sword X is e-Sword 10?  If so, not sure I follow as 10.4 was released in July 2014. You mean e-Sword 11?

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

I saw it in a window as the "tip of the day" in the e-Sword program.

e-Sword X is about the coming e-Sword version for Mac OS X.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Here is the info

Attached Files

#5 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Katoog....JPG....

That must be what my friend was talking about.....he said he saw it today. He wandered if I knew anything about it....I hadn't heard or seen anything about it. But he did indicate it was in a small pop-up window. ......THANKS !! 

Dartmaster644

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

JPG.

Could you give us the URL (web address) from where you got this information from?

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

Katoog....JPG....

That must be what my friend was talking about.....he said he saw it today. He wandered if I knew anything about it....I hadn't heard or seen anything about it. But he did indicate it was in a small pop-up window. ......THANKS !! 

Dartmaster644

Ahh, I see it now! e-Sword running natively on the Mac would be amazing and welcome relief from the tedious and quirky workarounds...

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

JPG.

Could you give us the URL (web address) from where you got this information from?

Blessings,

It was just the popup you get sometimes when you run eSword, and you are not using it for a time and Rick has something to say, and your firewall is not blocking communications. So I don't have a url to give, hence the ss.

#9 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

The headline in the screen shot says "...for the Mac" but the second sentence states, "e-Sword X is a complete re-design of e-Sword for the *PC*." (Emphasis mine.) Maybe "PC" has now evolved to include Macs, but I seem to recall that it was a moniker only for what were once called "IBM compatibles" or "personal computers." In other words, you either bought a PC or a Mac, hence my question: Will the new e-Sword X also be released for PCs or is it [just] for Macs?

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

The headline in the screen shot says "...for the Mac" but the second sentence states, "e-Sword X is a complete re-design of e-Sword for the *PC*." (Emphasis mine.) Maybe "PC" has now evolved to include Macs, but I seem to recall that it was a moniker only for what were once called "IBM compatibles" or "personal computers." In other words, you either bought a PC or a Mac, hence my question: Will the new e-Sword X also be released for PCs or is it [just] for Macs?

While the wording is ambiguous, from the context I don't think this is a re-write of the PC version.

Rather than just porting (or converting) e-Sword from the PC to the Mac in a feature-for-feature conversion, I think this means they used the PC version as a starting point and built on their years of experience to make the Mac version more feature rich and "better". The rest of the sentence after "PC", I think, clarifies it. I  believe he uses "PC" here as a comparison to the Mac version (Mac version will be "better"), instead of saying he has re-created e-Sword for the PC.

My guess is the Macintosh will use the iPad/iPhone version of the resources instead of the PC version's.  Hopefully, there won't be yet another series of  parallel module types in the e-Sword product family.

The price is also unknown. Since the Mac has an App Store (like the iPhone/iPad), there's the possibility (and probability) of X not being free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users