Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

A question from a beginner

4 replies to this topic

#1 BillyDKid

BillyDKid

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

Hello everyone,

I've had esword for a while, but only got 'into it' the other night when I found this site!  I also use Glo, but love to surround myself by my books  :)

Anyway, I like to use a few different commentaries at once but was wondering if there is a way that eSword can 'bookmark' where I left off.  If I scroll down on one commentary, switch to another, then come back to the first, I have to find where I left off starting at the top.  Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by BillyDKid, 21 February 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#2 David DeBord

David DeBord

e-Sword Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

Greetings Billy,

I don't really have an answer for you. Myself, where I searched out the Scriptures, for a specific topic, I then placed them (copied & pasted),in my notes, journal etc. It takes a little more time, doing it manually, but, after all, The work involved is about Seeking The Truth.

Shalom!

There is only One Way, .... And it Absolutely is not "Judaism", Catholicism, nor "Christianity".

This is Absolutely Proven in The Scriptures.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

Hi Billy,

The only thing in e-Sword that has Bookmarks is t he Bible. Outside of that I'm sorry there isn't a bookmarking method available. However, despite that problem, there is a way this can be overcome, and that is to use the Bible Bookmarks to kind of, in a round about sort of way, to bookmark your commentaries.

So here goes for perhaps the most crazy way of bookmarking your commentaries:

1. Firstly, in the Options Menu, check to see if the Display Bookmark Navigator menu item is checked. If not, click on it to display the navigator.
  2. Secondly, on the Commentary Toolbar, check to see if the Synchronize Comments button is suppressed. If not, then click on it, as this will synchronize the commentary to whatever verse you click on.
  3. When finding the information you want in your commentary on any particular verse of Scripture, click on the one of the "Scroll" Icons on the right had side of the Bookmark Navigator. This will save the Scripture reference. So, whenever you wish to find again a particular commentary note of a particular Scripture reference, all you need to do is click on that Scroll Icon, and it will take you to that Bible reference, and will open the commentary to that reference.

There are 10 Bookmarks you can create, and although this is limited just to ten, at least you have something to go by, which is better than nothing.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help to you, but at least this will get you started on the direction you want.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I've had esword for a while, but only got 'into it' the other night when I found this site!  I also use Glo, but love to surround myself by my books  :)

Anyway, I like to use a few different commentaries at once but was wondering if there is a way that eSword can 'bookmark' where I left off.  If I scroll down on one commentary, switch to another, then come back to the first, I have to find where I left off starting at the top.  Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance for the help!

Hi

I have 2 suggestions 

1. open multiple eswords  switch eswords and you should be right where you left off because your not changing commentaries your changing esword apps

2. before you change comenntaries highlight your stopping point with a bright color so when you come back to it you will be able to scroll down and find you stopping point quickly

Edited by DSaw, 22 February 2015 - 06:43 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hi David,

I noticed your comment on copying and pasting:

Greetings Billy,

I don't really have an answer for you. Myself, where I searched out the Scriptures, for a specific topic, I then placed them (copied & pasted),in my notes, journal etc. It takes a little more time, doing it manually, but, after all, The work involved is about Seeking The Truth.

Shalom!

When it comes to copying and pasting in e-Sword from any of the resources into any of the Editors, there is a feature which is really makes light work out of copying and pasting, and that is actually pasting directly in to the editor. To do this, simply select the text you wish to have pasted in the Editor, and right click (Left click if your mouse buttons have been switched for left handed use like I have), and from the popup context menu, click on, i.e., "Paste In To Study Notes." Now, this really comes handy when pasting in pasting Hebrew and/or Greek text. It really makes light work. The only time I use the Copy command in e-Sword is when having to copy text from e-Sword to another program, e.g., WordPerfect.

I hope this will come in handy to you if you are doing a great deal of copying and pasting text within e-Sword.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 22 February 2015 - 02:45 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users