Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

DOWNLOADING/INSTALLING E-SWORD MODULE ON IPAD MINI

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mmcclary

Mmcclary

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:37 PM

Hello. I downloaded E-sword onto my ipad mini. I noticed a particular translation that I wanted (Jonathan Mitchell New Testament) was not an option. I downloaded the translation from this site and it came as a .bblx file. Attempting to figure out how to install it on my own, I then dragged the .bblx file into my shared folder within itunes on my desktop Mac. I then went into my ipad E-sword to see if it appeared and it didn't. After reading some threads, I thought maybe I needed to convert it to a .bbi file. There is an Apple converter utility on here, but when I download the utility it comes as an .exe file which is not helpful to me on the desktop Mac.

Any thoughts? Does someone have the JMNT module ready to go into an ipad that I can have?

Trying to figure all of this out. i am used to having a Samsung with Mysword but my wife bought me an ipad mini and I am trying to make it work as smoothly.

Kindly,

MIke

#2 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Mmcclary,

The ios file for the iPad is available for download here: http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

#3 Mmcclary

Mmcclary

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

Thank you for the responses, but when i downloaded that file it came through as a .bblx file. Once I placed it into my itunes sharing folder for esword on my desktop Mac, it did not show up on my ipad?

After reading through a few threads, it appeared that I needed to convert the .bblx file to something else in order for it to work?

Am I doing something wrong?

Kindly,

MIke

#4 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

Mike,

Make sure you are following the link jogirl provided. I just tried it and it does indeed take you to the ios version.

If you try to do a search for it you will find three versions (eSword, mySword, and eSword HD*).

* The one you want.

You may have inadvertently picked the wrong one.

Roy

#5 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

This thread has gone quiet. Does that mean there is a work-around or just lack of interest?

A work-around for what? What kind of problem are you having?

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:40 PM

Mike,

Make sure you are following the link jogirl provided. I just tried it and it does indeed take you to the ios version.

If you try to do a search for it you will find three versions (eSword, mySword, and eSword HD*).

* The one you want.

You may have inadvertently picked the wrong one.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Now I reckon this idea, (which I've commented on a couple of times before) needs to be done. See Screenshot below:

The Most Brilliant Idea

Bible Support Listing.png

And if something like that was implemented, in my judgement, it would save a whole heap of confusion, and one would be able to download the resource that matches the system.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users