Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Creating E-Sword HD (iPad/iPhone) Bible Modules from your PC

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 santhoshpw

santhoshpw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

Hi everyone.
I am creating this post to help E-Sword HD user to convert Bible, Commentary, Dictionary e-sword modules available on their PC to IPAD format and then transfer the converted modules for use on their IPADs. This document is distributed just to help the Esword HD users out there who own their own modules. I am not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of the information in this document or for any copyright infringements.

The IPAD i tested this on has iOS 11.

Installing Bible Modules for E-sword HD on IPAD

The following is an example of converting an E-sword bible module (that you already own on your pc) to IPAD version and then transferring that file to your IPAD. 

Note: 

• Download, Install and Open the e-sword PC to Apple module conversion Utility found in (http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html) and you will have a window open up.
  • From the window, choose the esword Bible module (.bblx extension) on your PC that would like to convert, so that you can use it on your IPAD. Ideally those files should be in the Esword folder on your PC.
  • Click the convert button and the module conversion process begins. This software will create a new module for IPAD with the extension ” .bbli” in the same folder on your PC.  
  • Follow the steps as in attachment (Esword HD Modules for IPAD) that has detailed screen shots to transfer the converted files to esword hd folder in your ipad. You will have to install additional software on your ipad. (This is the only a workaround method to transfer Converted esword modules from PC to Esword hd Folder on IPAD for ios 11. If you are aware of or discover an easier method please post!)
  • Once transferred, you may open esword HD and you will find the new bibles added in the drop down menu.

Note :You can use a similar strategy to convert your commentaries sets, dictionaries etc by the selecting the right option in “Type” drop down menu of the Apple module conversion Utility and later follow step 4 transfer to your IPAD

• For creating commentary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility, select the commentary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .cmtx extension on PC to convert to .cmti extension and follow steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.cmti extension) to IPAD.
  • For creating dictionary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility ,​select the dictionary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .dctx extension on PC to convert to .dcti extension and follow same steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.dcti extension) to IPAD.

Attached Files

Edited by santhoshpw, 22 March 2018 - 08:01 AM.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

The problem with  "no device connected" is solved in version 2.94 or 2.95.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

Does anyone know the code for creating files to go in the lexicon instead of the dictionary?

#4 katt5365

katt5365

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

THANKS so much for this post! I have used E Sword since 2004 when it was new.... this has freed me from my desktop/laptop as I have recently gotten an iPad mini. :D

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

BH Clendennen Preaching the Gospel 24/7
My Personal Website: It's About HIM:

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Does anyone know the code for creating files to go in the lexicon instead of the dictionary?

Hi Tim,

With e-Sword, irrespective of the flavor, a lexicon and dictionary file are one and the same thing. Their file extension are the same. The only difference is, is the flavor for which you want it to go in of whether is Windows PC or iOS. For Windows PC, the extension of dictionaries and Lexicons is dctx, and for iOS its idct or something similar.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 March 2015 - 01:07 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Richard

Richard

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHeswall, United Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

You DO NOT need to jail brake your iPad for this to work! Just open the newly created file on your device. You will be required to open it with an app, please choose eSword HD to open it and the module will be installed!

#7 braiden79

braiden79

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

You DO NOT need to jail brake your iPad for this to work! Just open the newly created file on your device. You will be required to open it with an app, please choose eSword HD to open it and the module will be installed!

I have tried several time to install module from google drive and it says Open with E-Sword HD but never install it. or open it :( 

#8 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:30 PM

Another way to get the resource on your ipad is to email it to yourself as an attachment. When you open your email and select the attachment, it should give you the option of opening it in e-sword hd. This only work with smaller resource files, given your internet provider and limits on files sizes for attachments, usually around 25 meg.

#9 Welitonevoce

Welitonevoce

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:02 AM

quando vou converte qualquer arquivo le aparece esse erro  "unable to open locked module" o que eu faço?

#10 pastormann

pastormann

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:26 AM

Do you have a way to create files for mac on a mac?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users