Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

"Go To" / "Find on Page" Search

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Toma

Toma

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

Great day all,

Has anyone found / developed a plug-in for E-Sword that will allow use of a "Go To" or "Find on Page" function?  Don't know how the program could be around for so long without an operable "Go To" function on the page.

Thanks,

Thomas

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

take a look at the binoculars icons

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

Great day all,

Has anyone found / developed a plug-in for E-Sword that will allow use of a "Go To" or "Find on Page" function?  Don't know how the program could be around for so long without an operable "Go To" function on the page.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

You have two search functions for all of the resource types e-Sword uses, which includes a the "Find on Page" function. The "Find on Page" function has a page with binocular button on the right side of the:

• Search Bible
  • Search Dictionary
  • Search Commentary
  • Search in the Reference Library

on their respective toolbars.

For the eidtors, you will find the "Find" button on the left hand side on the top toolbar. This button gives the MS default Find and Replace dialog. However, you will have to upgrade to e-Sword 10.4 as earlier version do not have it

I hope this has been help to you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png
Stephen (Php 1:21)

Edited by APsit190, 26 February 2015 - 04:35 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 Toma

Toma

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

Dear APsit190 (Sorry, I could not read your name in your signature line),

Thank you so much for the reply.  Yes, I'm aware that E-Sword 10.4 has the "Go To / Find on Page" feature, which has been long, long, long awaited.  However, I began this post in the first place because E-Sword 10.4 was not working properly with modules that I had invested years of time into, which work perfectly in older versions of E-Sword.  I do thank you for taking the time to share an answer with me, and perhaps in the future things will work better.  All the best,

Thomas

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

Dear APsit190 (Sorry, I could not read your name in your signature line),

Thank you so much for the reply.  Yes, I'm aware that E-Sword 10.4 has the "Go To / Find on Page" feature, which has been long, long, long awaited.  However, I began this post in the first place because E-Sword 10.4 was not working properly with modules that I had invested years of time into, which work perfectly in older versions of E-Sword.  I do thank you for taking the time to share an answer with me, and perhaps in the future things will work better.  All the best,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I'm not to sure of which file types you are having hassles with; however, if you are talking about the old Topic Note (*.top) files, then that should not be a problem to open in e-Sword 10 and above.

To open an old Topic Note file, at the bottom of the File Open dialog change the file type from *.topx to *.top, and then open that file into e-Sword. e-Sword will then convert that file with a topx extension. See Screenshot below.

Attached File  e-Sword File Open Dialog.PNG   36.03K   28 downloads

I hope this really help you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Toma

Toma

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

Dear APsit190,

Thank you again for your reply.  My problem is not with files or filenames, but the content within the files--specifically Hebrew text (being flipped in the new version).  I do thank you again for the reply.  Grace and peace.

Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users