Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't download .exe

4 replies to this topic

#1 FloatingPoint

FloatingPoint

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:53 AM

Greetings,

Several times I tried to download "McClintock, John & Strong, James - Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature (12 vols)" without success. The browser gave me the choice to save the executable, however the download percentage never ticked up. I tried everything with the browser including adding the website to the trusted zone, lowering the security and even running Internet Explorer without add-ons.

Thinking that possibly it's a Internet Explorer issue alone, I even tried chrome but had the same results. I believe it probably would be less of an issue, if the files were all zipped instead of executables. Has anyone else had this issue or know how I can go about getting this module? This would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Worked ok for me just now, both downloads. Perhaps you have other Antivirus software that needs adjusting.

#3 FloatingPoint

FloatingPoint

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Thanks for the reply T.

Well, I've tried everything including you another computer, a third web browser and even VM, but still no luck. The funny thing is I'm able to download executables from other websites. It looks like this is one module I'm going to have to forget about even though it's a very important and necessary module. :-(

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Bible Support is averaging about 2,000 downloads every 24 hours, and nobody else is reporting problems. I have no idea what the problem is, but I definitely think that it's on your end. I tried to use a download manager here once that wouldn't work. Maybe it's something simple like this.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 MARCR

MARCR

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationFalls City, OR

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

Floating point,

Some Antivirus software dosn't like downloaded exe files from sites it doesn't recognize.

Try temporarily disabling your antivirus program just for the time of the download.

Blessings on you!  (Nu 6:24-26)

Marc

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users