Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

An e-Sword Users Manual

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

All:

The following is provisional list of volumes titles, and approximate page length:

Volume 1: Program Introduction: 1,500 pages;
Volume 2: Obtaining Support 50 pages;
Volume 3: Your Spiritual Journal: 500 pages;
Volume 4: Bible Study Methods: 1,000 pages;
Volume 5: E-Sword Internal Numbers: 5,000 pages;
Volume 6: Creating Resources: 2,500 pages;
Volume 7: Best Practices: 150 pages;
Volume 8: The 2009 SBL Bible Software Shootout: 500 pages;
Volume 9: Accessibility Issues And E-Sword: 200 pages;

I released An e-Sword Users Manual: Volume 2: Obtaining Support on Sunday (17 July 2011).

The other volumes have not yet been released.
I will be releasing at least one more volume before the end of the year.

Right now, I'm looking at several different scenarios:
* Doing an initial release of one volume, with remaining volumes being released quarterly;
* Doing an initial release of one volume, with remaining volumes being released monthly;
* Doing an initial release of two or three volumes, with remaining volumes being released quarterly;
* Doing an initial release of two or three volumes, with remaining volumes being released monthly;

For reasons I won't go into, asking for unreleased volumes, or when I will be releasing any specific volume is simply going to be a waste of time, on the part of the querant.

jonathon

#2 stanley

stanley

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:15 AM

Dear Brother Jonathon,

It is great to know you are still active as ever.

I will be going to a creative access country in mid-August until early September to conduct classes on Digital Bible Distribution and free bible study software tools such as e-Sword.

May the Lord grant you extra-ordinary strength to complete these manuals. If you released it earlier I will bring it to the people there.

Blessings,
from stanley

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:41 AM

In light of the negative rating that this post received, and the consistently negative ratings that other posts I've written that are from that documentation have received, my conclusion is that the documentation is not wanted.

As such, I will respect the wishes of those raters, by not releasing any more documentation for e-Sword, or Pocket e-Sword.

jonathon

#4 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

In light of the negative rating that this post received, and the consistently negative ratings that other posts I've written that are from that documentation have received, my conclusion is that the documentation is not wanted.

As such, I will respect the wishes of those raters, by not releasing any more documentation for e-Sword, or Pocket e-Sword.

jonathon
[/size][/font]

Hi Jonathon

I think someone who doesn't like you is giving you negative points. I remember someone exchanged with you some less-than-friendly words in other thread in this site, so I'm not surprised.

I do enjoy your documentation.

Regards,

Carlos

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

Pay attention to negative comments, who does that these days? :-)

I would love to have the resources to read. I stumble across stuff every now and then in e-sword that I did not know - could use to have someone clue me in.

#6 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Jonathan, do not let a few knotheads spoil it for the rest of us. Please, write your documentation.

I believe that Josh can track who is giving the negative ratings. Maybe he can query them about their discontent. Perhaps, it was a miskey. If there is something with the document with which they actually have issues, you can improve on it. That said, I suspect that they do not have specific issues; like horse-flies they are more irritants than anything. Otherwise they would provide a critique. Write your stuff, bud! I'd personally appreciate it.
Posted Image

#7 Perhaps Today

Perhaps Today

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

All:

The following is provisional list of volumes titles, and approximate page length:

Volume 1: Program Introduction: 1,500 pages;
Volume 2: Obtaining Support 50 pages;
Volume 3: Your Spiritual Journal: 500 pages;
Volume 4: Bible Study Methods: 1,000 pages;
Volume 5: E-Sword Internal Numbers: 5,000 pages;
Volume 6: Creating Resources: 2,500 pages;
Volume 7: Best Practices: 150 pages;
Volume 8: The 2009 SBL Bible Software Shootout: 500 pages;
Volume 9: Accessibility Issues And E-Sword: 200 pages;

I released An e-Sword Users Manual: Volume 2: Obtaining Support on Sunday (17 July 2011).

Right now, I'm looking at several different scenarios:
* Doing an initial release of one volume, with remaining volumes being released quarterly;
* Doing an initial release of one volume, with remaining volumes being released monthly;
* Doing an initial release of two or three volumes, with remaining volumes being released quarterly;
* Doing an initial release of two or three volumes, with remaining volumes being released monthly;

For reasons I won't go into, asking for unreleased volumes, or when I will be releasing any specific volume is simply going to be a waste of time, on the part of the querant.

jonathon

Jonathon, I hope and pray you will continue with this work. Please don't let a few inconsiderate people get to you. You've done a lot for the e-Sword community and I have the utmost respect for that. I know you'll do an awesome job on it. God bless!

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users