Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

E-Sword HD - How to create a module and transfer to IPAD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 santhoshpw

santhoshpw

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hi everyone.
I am creating this post to help E-Sword HD user to convert Bible, Commentary, Dictionary e-sword modules available on their PC to IPAD format and then transfer the converted modules for use on their IPADs. This document is distributed just to help the Esword HD users out there who own their own modules. I am not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of the information in this document or for any copyright infringements.

The IPAD i tested this on has iOS 11.

Installing Bible Modules for E-sword HD on IPAD

The following is an example of converting an E-sword bible module (that you already own on your pc) to IPAD version and then transferring that file to your IPAD. 

Note: 

• Download, Install and Open the e-sword HD IOS convertor utility (http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html>> Apple Convertor) and you will have a window open up.
  • From the window, choose the esword Bible module (.bblx extension) on your PC that would like to convert, so that you can use it on your IPAD. Ideally those files should be in the Esword folder on your PC.
  • Click the convert button and the module conversion process begins. This software will create a new module for IPAD with the extension ” .bbli” in the same folder on your PC.  
  • Follow the steps as in attachment (Esword HD Modules for IPAD) that has detailed screen shots to transfer the converted files to esword hd folder in your ipad. You will have to install additional software on your ipad. (This is the only workaround method to transfer Converted esword modules from PC to Esword hd Folder on IPAD for ios 11)
  • Once transferred, you may open esword HD and you will find the new bibles added in the drop down menu.

Note :You can use a similar strategy to convert your commentaries sets, dictionaries etc by the selecting the right option in “Type” drop down menu of the e-sword HD module convert utility and later follow step 4 transfer to your IPAD

• For creating commentary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility, select the commentary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .cmtx extension on PC to convert to .cmti extension and follow steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.cmti extension) to IPAD.
  • For creating dictionary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility ,​select the dictionary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .dctx extension on PC to convert to .dcti extension and follow same steps 4 as above to transfer converted file (.dcti extension) to IPAD.

Attached Files

Edited by santhoshpw, 22 March 2018 - 07:39 AM.

#2 Isatel Dutra

Isatel Dutra

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

I installed AHLB lexicon for the esword HD (I am on a MAC but using Crossover) but i am trying to get it to act more as a lexicon (where the ancient hebrew will pop up instead of Strongs.  Right now it just pops up as a dictionary.  Also, how do you recommend installing the ancient hebrew fonts onto the iPad?

Thank you for this powerful key!

#3 Mmcclary

Mmcclary

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

How can I achieve this module conversion without a PC? I have no PC's in the house and need to install the (JMNT) Jonathan Mitchell New Testament onto my Ipad mini.

Any thoughts?

#4 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

Mmcclary,

The ios file can be downloaded here:  http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

#5 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:52 PM

Curious if anyone had any luck with converting the AHLB from dictionary to lexicon? I posted in another location to I can delete if an answer comes in. Thanks so much!

#6 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:32 AM

Curious if anyone had any luck with converting the AHLB from dictionary to lexicon? I posted in another location to I can delete if an answer comes in. Thanks so much!

Because the AHLB comes with several fonts that have to be installed, I didn't even try to convert it. I am ignorant when it comes to adding new fonts to the iPad. If there is a way to do it, I would love to hear it!

#7 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Ahh sorry for the confusion. I actually meant changing the description so that it goes to the lexicon on E-Sword HD instead of the dictionary. The location of the file. Changing the fonts are waaaaaay over my head.

#8 kretchmacw

kretchmacw

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:03 AM

Hi everyone.
I am creating this post to help E-Sword HD user to convert Bible, Commentary, Dictionary e-sword modules available on their PC to IPAD format and then transfer the converted modules for use on their IPADs. This document is distributed just to help the Esword HD users out there who own their own modules. I am not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of the information in this document or for any copyright infringements.

The IPAD i tested this on has iOS 9 that is JailBroken using PANGU (Note: Dont update iOS unecessarily since in each Apple update  it becomes more difficult to access the Esword files). My PC has the latest version of IFUN box installed. Disable the iOS auto update option in IPAD)

Installing Bible Modules for E-sword HD on IPAD

The following is an example of converting an E-sword bible module (that you already own on your pc) to IPAD version and then transferring that file to your IPAD. 

Note: 

• Download and Open the e-sword HD IOS convertor utility (http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html>> IOS Convertor) and you will have a window open up.
  • From the window, choose the esword Bible module (.bblx extension) on your PC that would like to convert, so that you can use it on your IPAD. Ideally those files should be in the Esword folder on your PC.
  • Click the convert button and the module conversion process begins. This software will create a new module for IPAD with the extension ” .bbli” in the same folder on your PC.  
  • Install  the latest version of IFUNBOX on your PC and open the software.
  • Follow the instruction in the Screen Snap shots to copy the file with .bbli extension from your PC to your IPAD https://drive.google...UkduYUZNSFowRzQ
  • The file is transferred to you Esword HD software on your IPAD and should show up as a new Bible module

Note :You can use a similar strategy to convert your commentaries sets, dictionaries etc by the selecting the right option in “Type” drop down menu of the e-sword HD module convert utility and later follow steps 5 & 6 to transfer to your IPAD

• For creating commentary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility, select the commentary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .cmtx extension on PC to convert to .cmti extension and follow steps 5-6 as above to transfer converted file (.cmti extension) to IPAD.
  • For creating dictionary module open e-sword HD IOS convertor utility ,​select the dictionary option in "type" drop down menu and choose file with .dctx extension on PC to convert to .dcti extension and follow same steps 5-6 as above to transfer converted file (.dcti extension) to IPAD.

Final note: Dont upgrade your iOS cause you will lose your Jailbreak status and wont be able to gain access to the esword files. If you have automatic updation enabled in your ipad ensure that you disable it. 

Be very careful with the part of this post starting in Step 4.  If you haven't a clue as to what a jailbroken iPad is, then DON'T follow those instructions for steps 4-6.  Besides, there is a much simpler way that does not require jailbreaking.

Once you get your file converted to a .bbli format (or whatever module you want to transfer to your iPad/iPhone, then connect your iPad/iPhone to your Mac, open iTunes, and click on the icon for your device.  Then, under the "File Sharing" menu item within the lefthand column, select e-Sword HD.  You will see a list of your user files.  (Don't mess with them!)  From the open Finder window that has your module(s), simply drag and drop it(them) onto the list of documents in iTunes.  Then, on your device, close out e-Sword, open it again, and your module(s) should be loaded.  Worked like a charm for me with a pinyin.bbli file I created from the pinyin.bblx file from this website.

#9 geovicg

geovicg

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 12:19 AM

Hello there!

The images in E-sword note is not converting in to Apple Module. 

Anyone with any idea?

Thanks.

Victor G

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users