Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

KJV tense voice mood

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Hannes86

Hannes86

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

Good day. 

I seriously struggle to download the TVM for e-sword, and urgently need it. It keeps saying i don't have permission to download it, even though i have a account and have download the module installer. What can i do?

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Good day. 

I seriously struggle to download the TVM for e-sword, and urgently need it. It keeps saying i don't have permission to download it, even though i have a account and have download the module installer. What can i do?

I can't find it for whatever reason. Give me the page link and I'll try it for you.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

I removed it because of copyright violation. Sorry about that.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:45 PM

Bummer another great module out of distribution,  Is there an effort afoot to resolve the copyright violation?

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

I removed it because of copyright violation. Sorry about that.

Hi Josh,

This is really an interesting contrasting or even a contradictory situation, and here is why.

In the good old days of e-Sword's website, back in about 2005 (which for some could be regarded as ancient history), Rick Meyers use to host some third party resources. Now, there were some Commentaries, Bibles, and Dictionaries there, as well as some other stuff. Now, on that page, of the few third party Bible translation was the KJV+TVM, of which I downloaded from there, and still have in both .bbl, and .bblx formats. The .bbl format was what I downloaded from the e-Sword website, and the .bblx I converted from the .bbl one.

Now, here is the interesting contrasting and/or contradictory situation. This resource was on the e-Sword website, albeit about a million years ago (I thought to make this look like real ancient history, and when compared to my age, I'm really fossilized :lol: ), and I do not believe that Rick would host anything that would violate copyright laws, or even had the sniff of a breach of copyright. So, with that, I'm seeing here that you took it down for copyright violation! If it wasn't breaching copyright back then, how is it breaching copyright now? Please note, there was no copyright notice in the resource information back then, and there is no copyright notice now in the resource information.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

The KJV+TVM is a derivative work compiled by Larry Pierce of OnlineBible.net. 

When looking up emails where Rick and I discussed this subject, two things stood out.

1. Rick agreed Pierce had a derivative copyright on it.

2. Rick said he never hosted it.

Incidentally, neither was the point of the email. Both were mentioned purely as a side note to something else.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at e-sword.net in Archive.org. And in 2005-2008, I cannot find the KJV+TVM on Rick's Bible list. I do not believe he ever hosted it. But even if he (or anyone else) did, that would not justify hosting the copyrighted material now over the (very strong) objections of Larry Pierce.

... Rick Meyers use to host some third party resources. ... Now, on that page, of the few third party Bible translation was the KJV+TVM...

I do not believe that Rick would host anything that would violate copyright laws, or even had the sniff of a breach of copyright. ...  If it wasn't breaching copyright back then, how is it breaching copyright now?

Blessings,

#7 tb24ster@hotmail.com

tb24ster@hotmail.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

please bring back the KJV + TVM  i need this and loved it ! please Please! how do i get this with any other software?

#8 tb24ster@hotmail.com

tb24ster@hotmail.com

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

this is needed much in interpreting words please bring back the KJV+TVM  PLEASE!

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

The KJV+TVM is a derivative work compiled by Larry Pierce of OnlineBible.net. 

When looking up emails where Rick and I discussed this subject, two things stood out.

1. Rick agreed Pierce had a derivative copyright on it.

2. Rick said he never hosted it.

Incidentally, neither was the point of the email. Both were mentioned purely as a side note to something else.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at e-sword.net in Archive.org. And in 2005-2008, I cannot find the KJV+TVM on Rick's Bible list. I do not believe he ever hosted it. But even if he (or anyone else) did, that would not justify hosting the copyrighted material now over the (very strong) objections of Larry Pierce.

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Considering what you have shared, I find this really crazy considering that, well going from memory, of which could it could be quite hazy, that Rick, on the much older website, which was predominantly green, he had a page for third party resources, of which was hosted there. Now, I don't know if he maintained that or not, but I certainly remember getting some resources from there. Now, when it comes to the KJV+TVM, I'm about 75% certain that is where I got it from. However there is that 25% margin of error, and I admit that I could be wrong considering that it was 10 years ago when I got it. So now I have a mission to try to remember where I downloaded it from.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

this is needed much in interpreting words please bring back the KJV+TVM  PLEASE!

If you google e-sword kjv+tvm, you can find it available on multiple websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users