Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

W. B. Riley - The Bible of the Expositor and the Evangelist

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JesusLives

JesusLives

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

W. B. Riley wrote a 40 volume set called The Bible of the Expositor and the Evangelist. It was written in the 1930s and is public domain (no copyright renewal). I would love to see this as an e-Sword module. The only problem is how rare the set is. I have two volumes and the content is noteworthy.

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

W. B. Riley wrote a 40 volume set called The Bible of the Expositor and the Evangelist. It was written in the 1930s and is public domain (no copyright renewal). I would love to see this as an e-Sword module. The only problem is how rare the set is. I have two volumes and the content is noteworthy.

here is a couple volumes

http://butebooks.com...thor/W.B. Riley

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:31 PM

This set has been requested a few times. About 75% of the set can be pieced together for $15-30 a book. Some of the books in the set cannot be found anywhere at any price except as apart of a set. I have previously located a couple of sets for sale, but they are in the $350-400 range. 

I will keep my eye out, though.

Josh

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

This set has been requested a few times. About 75% of the set can be pieced together for $15-30 a book. Some of the books in the set cannot be found anywhere at any price except as apart of a set. I have previously located a couple of sets for sale, but they are in the $350-400 range. 

I will keep my eye out, though.

Josh

Hi Josh

do you know the volumes you would need for a complete set

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hi Josh

do you know the volumes you would need for a complete set

Last I looked, the list below is what was hard to find. But it's cheaper to buy a set than to try to buy each one separately.

Genesis second volume
Lamentations
Psalms first volume 1-41
Zachariah
Malachi

#6 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

(1) try inter-library loan through a local public library or (2) 

https://www.worldcat.org/ search, begging and pleading w. owners to scan a copy to IA. ( I requested from one library through https://www.worldcat.org/ a comm. on MT/MK not on Google or IA.  Someone did it but did not notify me.  Extra-mile also, a nice clean PDF w. fonts.) (3) post requests in the IA book forum (s). 

Michael

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

MT/MK?

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

IA ?  = Internet archive

as soon as i posted it hit me

Edited by DSaw, 12 December 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#9 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

https://archive.org/...aryongosp00nast

now U all understand?

Michael

#10 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

oic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users