Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

W. B. Riley - The Bible of the Expositor and the Evangelist

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

I went to the company that originally printed the Riley Commentaries, hoping they would have some books laying around. They did not.  However, I would be willing to help toward the purchase of the complete W.B. Riley commentary set.  I do believe it would be a tremendous asset to the kingdom of God.  Anybody else interested in helping to purchase the commentary set?

#12 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:09 AM

I know as of right now, a third of the money has been raised to purchase Riley's commentary set. I would encourage those of you who can and will to make a donation towards the purchase and the formatting of this great commentary set.

#13 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

I'm in; where do I put my $25?

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#14 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

Dr. Dave, Josh has it set up to appear on any download page when downloading a module. Thank you so much.

#15 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

As of this post, we have raised $250 for the W. B. Riley 40 volume commentary set. I am personally pleading for those of you who would love to see this commentary set made available, to please make a contribution. I have made a contribution, in addition to having already purchased a couple of the commentaries in Matthew. Starting today, I will begin the process of taking what I have and formatting it to be used in e-Sword. I have the first two volumes of Matthew. If any of you have any volumes in the W.B. Riley commentary set and would be willing to give them up, I would be more than glad to scan them and format them as well. I'm just gonna believe that God is in this, and that He will use His people to raise the money to purchase this rare commentary set.  Thank you.

#16 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

Just a quick note - you have to click all the way through to the actual download page, and not just the first module listing page. There is a "project specific" donation box once you've clicked all the way through to actual download page.

Thanks, guys, for letting us be part of this project.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#17 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

We need just another $92 contribution made toward the purchase of this rare set. C'mon ye men and women of God, let's do this! Click this LINK to make a contribution.

#18 James Rice

James Rice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

A very special thanks goes out to all of you wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ who gave towards the purchase of the W.B. Riley 40 volume commentary set. We have reached our goal. Thank you so very much. Now, it's a waiting while working game. This is going to be a fabulous addition to our e-Sword addition. God bless you all!

#19 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Got the 40 volumes in today, weighing 35 pounds. James Rice has already completed 2 volumes! 

Attached File  riley set.jpg   69.06K   29 downloads

#20 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

James and Josh,

You blokes are totally amazing. I have to admit that without you two blokes, we would not get the stuff that you guys come up with.

(Getting just a tad emotional, not totally emotional, just a tad, which is a tenny weeny bit) I've really gotta give it to you guys for the huge commitment you have for putting out resources for e-Sword. I don't know of any bone else that have their own time and money to the extent you guys have for the furtherance of God's Word.

To Josh,

Since this site has been set up, I don't think I've seen resources spring up before, as such as we have now. I've had a gand (look) at what you have both "created" and put up for us, and I was gobsmacked at the emmense amount of resouces you put out. It really is huge. I don't know what your wife and children say to you about what you are doing, however I guess they are right behind you, and perhaps have them gainfully employed :D in helping you with the work.

To James,

I'm seriously worried about you, bro. It seems to me your wife has to be complaining about the amount of hours you're spending behind that PC of yours. I reckon she is telling you that you love your computer more than you love her. :lol: Of coarse I'm Just kidding.

Anyway bro, I also had a look at the amount of stuff you have produced and put up, and I gotta say that you're not too far behind Josh. I don't want to even try to guess how much it costs you monetarily for what you buy and put up. Your wife has to be complaining for not getting enough money to spend. I'm really getting naughty for picking on you. ;)

Getting back to both of you.

Thanks a big heap for your work, and what you have done. You guys are a real blessing, and (I think I can speak for us all) we really appreciate all that you have done.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 24 December 2014 - 07:19 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users