Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Highlights disappeared

2 replies to this topic

#1 dyrelogan

dyrelogan

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSamut Sakhon, Mahachai, Thailand

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

I am not sure if I am using it correctly as I have never thought about highlighting in e-Sword until now. I am transferring all my highlights from my Olive Tree app to e-Sword and when I open e-Sword up again, all my highlights are gone. I don't know if I am supposed to save them or even how to save them as there is no option to save them. I was wondering how to save my highlighting progress. Thankfully I only highlighted in four chapters of Psalms so not much has been lost. Plus, is there a better way to highlight multiple verses without highlighting the book, chapter and verse header at the beginning of every verse along with the verses themselves? I really don't like that but I also don't want to highlight one verse at a time. Thank you :)

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hi

Highlighting is bible specific if you highlight in KJV and switch to KJV+ there will be no highlights

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:46 PM

I assume that you are highlighting a Bible. You should know that the highlighting only effects that one translation and not all translations at the same time. Highlighting is automatically saved, and closing e-Sword should have no effect on it. Changing the name of the Bible tab should be the only way that you lose your highlighting unless you intentionally reverse the procedure and restore the original background color. Ref. the book, chapter and verse headers - you have to highlight them also if you want to do multiple verses at the same time. At least I'm not aware of a way to do it otherwise.

Chapter 4 of the e-Sword User's Guide gives detailed instructions. Go to the main e-Sword menu - hit "help" - hit "contents" - and go to page 74. I hope this helped you some.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users